Home Forums Sci Fi 15mm Sci-Fi Chrome Hammer: Ascension Video

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant

After waaay too long, I finally managed to do a gameplay video for Chrome Hammer: Ascension.
    Unfortunately, I always have to suck at least a little, so the volume might be a little low. Bleh.

Participant

Good stuff. A bit too close though.

Participant

Good stuff. A bit too close though.

Thanks! Noted. Is it that you can’t tell where things are happening on the table?

Participant

Looks good 🙂

https://jimssfnovelsandwargamerules.wordpress.com/

Participant

Quite enjoyed that.  Good result, though some pretty close calls.

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Participant

Quite enjoyed that. Good result, though some pretty close calls.

Thanks! I’m just lucky they were experienced, or it probably would have gone much worse. 🙂

Participant

Jason

Fantastic game. I can’t get enough of that gorgeous terrain though. Absolutely incredible. Thanks for sharing.

Dan

Dan
    Loads of WIPs: https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/albums/with/72157710630529376

Participant

Thanks for posting that, really enjoyed it.

Is there a tutorial out there for making cyberpunk-themed terrain?  That is my main obstacle to getting into this kind of thing.

Participant

Now that is an interesting question.  I’d say it depends upon your version of “cyberpunk”.  Some prefer slick almost sci-fi style cyberpunk, others a little more run down and dystopic.

Great inspiration can come from the game Satellite Reign.  Even uses holographic trees much like what Jason has for his terrain.  Most cyberpunk setting seem to be heavy on concrete, few windows for the pleebs.

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Participant

Thanks for posting that, really enjoyed it.
    Is there a tutorial out there for making cyberpunk-themed terrain? That is my main obstacle to getting into this kind of thing.

Great! I’m glad you liked it!
    As for terrain, cyberpunk is mostly just sci-fi in a bad neighborhood. You can just use regular offices and warehouses and shipping crates with maybe one weird sci-fi building to remind you that it’s the future. The rest is just pastiche. Neon and holograms. Billboards and mohawks. “Foreign” influence, whether its Russian or Chinese or middle-eastern.
    Honestly, I have no idea what I’m doing and I just use whatever I have. 🙂

Participant

Thanks Jason: it is one of the projects for this year to get some kind of viable Cyberpunk set-up up and running.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.