Home Forums Sci Fi General Sci-Fi Clash on the Fringe—1st game

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Nathaniel Weber
    Participant

I got to play my first game of the new-ish rules Clash on the Fringe and had a fun time.  The game has an 80s-sci-fi feel that is quite enjoyable, and reminded me of playing 2nd edition 40k. Some pics here and more at my blog, plus a write up of the game: http://thedogsbrush.blogspot.com/2015/07/28mm-sci-fi-aar-clash-on-fringe.html

Mr. Average
    Participant

I love the vibrant colors!  I got horselaugh last time I tried to bring out neon-themed alien planets at the club, but man you have gone all-in and I love it!  Superb setup and looks like it was a hell of a game!

Nathaniel Weber
    Participant

Thanks, Mr. Average! It was a fun game. Ivan’s games tend to layer on the action and this was no exception.

My friend Russ is the one with the cool, weird terrain. He made those alien trees a few years ago, and we first used them in a bug hunt game a few months ago. He broke out the tie-die game mat, which I thought looks rather cool.  The color variations make me think of mineral deposits running off after heavy rain fall. I see no reason for every sci-fi game to be in Bladerunner LA (though that’s awesome), jungle, or something that looks suspiciously like a golf course in Virginia. 🙂  I am strongly considering painting up a force of 15mm stuff with camo and equipment to match the lurid landscape.

Mr. Average
    Participant

Right?  Who’s to say that there aren’t blue spike-trees on Epsilon Eridani?!  I can so easily get into that, but I guess it’s not for everyone.

Ivan Sorensen
    Participant

yeah, it’s nice to see an actually ALIEN battle field 🙂

It’d be wicked to see alien world camouflage on the figures. If nothing else, they’d stand out quite a bit.

Nordic Weasel Games
    https://www.wargamevault.com/browse/pub/5701/Nordic-Weasel-Games?src=browse5701

Rules Junkie Jim
    Participant

I had a t-shirt like that. The 90s were great.

kyoteblue
    Participant

Wowzer.

Alexander Wasberg
    Participant

Really nice, especially like the very 80’s battlespace!  Consider me both impressed and inspired!

I would love to see some troops in “camo” for that board 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.