Home Forums Modern Cold War Commander – Aarhus 1989

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Alan Millicheap
    Participant

We travelled north from Stroud to Grimsby for a weekend of 6mm Cold War Commander gaming

The AAR is on my blog

Aarhus

Victoria Dickson
    Participant

Very impressive. ๐Ÿ™‚

The minefield markers look great, never seen mines done that way before.

kyoteblue
    Participant

Very impressive!

Iain Fuller
    Participant

Splendid stuff as usual from you chaps.

I really wish that there was something like this for us ‘Fistful of TOW’s’ players – maybe I’ll have to try and get along to one of these one day?

One question: What is the mat used for the game? Is it a roll of carpet? Looks really good.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by Iain Fuller.
    Alan Millicheap
    Participant

I think it is mat of war or something like that

The lads at the Grimsby club have several tables ranging from 15 to 20 feet long by 5 feet wide and they are all covered in this stuff

I’ll ask on the Cold War Commander site

The campaign is based on General Hacketts WW3 book plus a few other stories of a similar nature

The next series of battles is called Artic Strike and is based in Norway – these will take place in Slimbridge Gloucestershire sometime in March and Grimsby in September – defintely worth coming to

Iain Fuller
    Participant
    Alan Millicheap
    Participant

The table coverings are Mat O War

Alan

Iain Fuller
    Participant

Cheers again Alan.

Right shame they seem to be out of business as I’m in charge of getting some new scenery for my club and I fancied some of them, unless anyone knows any different?

Mr. Average
    Participant

I recommend Cigar Box Battles as an alternative. Or Tinywargames. Also excellent.

And that battle looks like it was super-supreme, man. Glad to see NATO held its own – the tendency in a lot of games is to stack the deck against the West but it looks like it was a proper battle! Love the town especially – just great!

Richard Phillips
    Participant

Nice report Alan, been on here for ages and always forgotten about it. Must remember to start posting on here as well. It was a great weekend and we are all looking forward to next years game when the theme is Arctic Strike – Norway 1985.

I seem to remember a Fistful of TOWs game was done a few years ago in Oxford I believe. Never did it again as far as I know.

Please check out my blog for more pictures of the weekend and also pictures of some of our previous events.

https://coldwarcommanders.blogspot.co.uk/

Cheers

Richard P

Iain Fuller
    Participant

I have heard about those Oxford games Richard and tried getting in touch with the organiser through the Yahoo site but had no luck. I do follow your blog as well, always good to see some large scale 6mm Cold War action. I did get to chat to a few of you chaps at Joy of 6, we were putting on the smaller Cold War game, and I was tempted to try and get involved maybe one day as you did look like you have fun doing those games.

Richard Phillips
    Participant

Iain, you would be more than welcome if you fancy a trip up to Grimsby next year. Or alternatively I think we are planning an event in Slimbridge earlier in the year. Loved your game at Joy of Six and busily working on converting some H&R stuff into civilian trucks etc just like you chaps have done.

Cheers

Richard P

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.