Home Forums Terrain and Scenery Collecting hex terrain

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Norm S
    Participant

here is a video covering hex terrain.

LINK

kyoteblue
    Participant

I’m not a Hex user but, you have done fantastic work !!!!!

Mike
    Keymaster

Woah that is some properly nice stuff.

Rhoderic
    Participant

Lovely terrain. Will have to watch the video again some time to really study those pieces and soak up any wisdom I can for my own terrain-making projects. You mentioned an earlier video, do you have a link? I can’t find it.

Until only a few weeks back I’d always thought of hexes (and other grids) as completely adverse to my own miniature wargaming philosophy, but having been reminded of some fun hex-based computer strategy games I’ve played in the past (I’m even re-playing the old 40K computer game Rites of War now), I’m starting to feel a strange pull to the idea of doing some sort of separate hex-based miniature wargaming project on the side, either sci-fi or something historical and with rules that take the hexes into account. But come to think of it, such a ruleset would simply make it a boardgame…

Do you use hex-based rules or is that just something that miniature wargamers don’t do? The only hex-based rules I can recall having seen marketed as miniature wargames rulesets (as opposed to packaged boardgames) are for spaceships… obviously a completely different thing. Forgive my ignorance, this hex business is still unfamiliar territory. I’m half expecting to be ambushed by Blemmyes any moment 

Norm S
    Participant

Hi, thanks all.

Here is a link to a page that has the other video, plus some documents about converting mini rules to hexes.

LINK

http://commanders.simdif.com/hex-terrain_2.html

The whole site supports hex gaming with miniatures and over the next couple of months quite a bit of interesting stuff will start to appear there. The easiest way is to keep an eye on the THIS WEEK page.

I like boardgames and miniatures, so the blending of the two into a single form seems quite natural to me. On my WWII page I have a free set of rules that may interest you.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by Norm S.
    Rhoderic
    Participant

Thanks! The first video seems to cover some of what I was curious about.

Noel
    Participant

Wow.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.