Home Forums Horse and Musket American Civil War comparing Epic ACW to Kallistra and Peter Pig

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Norm S
    Participant

I have painted up some of the new Warlord Games Epic ACW figures and blogged an article that covers that and that also compares the figures with Kallistra 12mm and Peter Pig 12mm figures from my collection.

Link

http://battlefieldswarriors.blogspot.com/2021/01/warlord-epic-acw-painting-and-comparing.html

willz
    Participant

An excellent report Norm, thanks for all the information and pictures.

Just Jack
    Participant

Thanks a bunch for painting those up and posting, Norm.  I like the look and so I jumped on in, got the smaller box.

V/R,

Jack

Thaddeus Blanchette
    Participant

Y’know, one way for Warlord to tweak the Black Powder rules is for them to say each unit is a brigade and halve all measurements.

We get slapped around, but we have a good time!

Norm S
    Participant

Thanks all. I think there will be gamers who do this at the brigade level anyway, with each base representing a regiment. That would work with the gaps between regiments. I did read another comment else where that a tweak with the game will be a conversion of inches to centimetres, though I prefer the half measurement myself.

bobm
    Participant

If only they’d done separate generic Union and generic Rebel sprues…

Instead they’ve done jackets that are too long for the commonest Reb type (shell jacket) and too short for the Union’s favoured sack coat, this should have fold down collars and the shell jacket a stand up collar but instead they seem to have no collars at all.  The shell jacket was very often worn outside the waist belt too giving a very different look.  The mixture of hats and kepis is good for Rebs but the kepi was only really worn by officers on the Union side with the forage cap being almost universal (officially at least).

The mounted officer is clearly Union with shoulder bars prominent and no cuff braid.

It took a long time for British figure manufacturers to get their heads around the differences between typical uniforms for the two sides…and now we’ve stepped back around twenty years to “it’s just a different paint job”.

Very nice paint job though…

There's 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.....

Thaddeus Blanchette
    Participant

Welcome to my night are: people keep on telling me I can use ACW figures for the War of the Triple Alliance. 🙂

Seriously though? There was enough variation, especially out west, that pretty much anything is plausible. Or just do like I plan to do and call them 19th Century imagiNations.

We get slapped around, but we have a good time!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.