Home Forums General General Compressor AS18

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Question for anyone. You have any experience with the AS18 compressor. I keep thinking at some point I should jump on this new fangled air brush wagon, but keep putting it off.

I don’t want to spend a couple hundred quid on gear just to find I suck at it and I keep seeing these things on Amazon and wonder if they are reasonable as a starter kit?

Participant

I play guitar, and my first thoughts when I read the thread title were, ‘I haven’t heard of that stompbox’, and, ‘why’s he talking about it on a wargames forum?’

Oops.

Obvious contrarian and passive aggressive old prat, who is taken far too seriously by some and not seriously enough by others.

Participant

I have a Silair 300 but started with an old compressor similar to that one you ask about (This one, right?: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wiltec-Airbrush-Mini-Compressor-model-AS18-2/dp/B004BDBVZ0).

What do you need to know?

Participant

I use the Expo AB602 Compressor with an Iwata brush. As a starter I would go with the Expo compressor kit (brush included) and an Iwata Neo airbrush. The Kit is about £100 on ebay (I got mine from Dave at the Wargames Store about 2 years ago and I don’t know if he still stocks them). The Neo brush is excellent value at about £40.00 and you will see the difference between it and the one that comes with the kit.

If I start taking responsibility for my actions who knows where it would end!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.