Home Forums Fantasy General Fantasy Conan – What Inspires You?

This topic contains 94 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by Angel Barracks Angel Barracks 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 81 through 95 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    Angel Barracks
    Angel Barracks

I am working on this idea, will take a while but will try and get the 1st mini pack out not long after the rules.

With that in mind….

Where do you all see your games taking place, in towns, or out in the open steppe?

No point making cave entrances and ruins if all your games are in cities..

Darkest Star Games
    Darkest Star Games
    Participant

Mine would take place wherever there is adventure.  Temple break-ins, crypt looting, caravan raids, street brawls, sewer sneaking, exotic animal hunting, assassinations in mansions/palaces, dungeon delving and lost city exploration.  Sooo many locations to play in…

Y may as well do it all.  I know this needs to be a viable business, but you also need to do what YOU think should go into YOUR world.

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Alexander Wasberg
    Participant

I’d back DSG on that, adventures will happen everywhere there is foes to smite and/or treasure/wenches to be liberated. Most things will be of interest, but nice temple/palace pieces are always welcome. A lot of conan stories take place in such places after all. 🙂

Darkest Star Games
    Darkest Star Games
    Participant

We are soooo not helpful! 

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Alexander Wasberg
    Participant

I don’t agree, we are giving mike the opportunity to wow us with pretty much anything and in turn we get a piece or 2 to base a few games around 🙂

Angel Barracks
    Angel Barracks

I don’t agree, we are giving mike the opportunity to wow us with pretty much anything and in turn we get a piece or 2 to base a few games around 🙂

That was my take too, so pretty much anything will work as a scenario catalyst.
    😀

Stroezie
    Stroezie
    Participant

Most things will be of interest, but nice temple/palace pieces are always welcome. A lot of conan stories take place in such places after all.

Mainly this!

I think you’ve got your village’s and steppe lines up to a point where people can pretty much build what they need/want for most games.

What I’d really like to see are  things like altars, statues/idols of strange gods, treasures to steal ( pedestal with Eye of Seth/Jewel of Kwahlur…), maybe a throne, some kind of sarcophagy/ornate tomb, a bottomless arcane well that leads to an other dimension.

As for minis, an undead priest-king mummy, some type of living statue guardian, an eldritich horror tentacled formless mass that is all eyes and mouths filled with sharp fangs…

Also the generic things like giant spiders, scorpions, snakes, big cats, apes…                      … I know all of these can be had elsewhere but this way you have the option for those folks that like to one stop shop. Also it might make for more consistency in the sculpting style of the figures which is always nice.

Cheers,

Stroezie.

If you like 6mm scifi check out http://planetares6.blogspot.be/?m=0

Angel Barracks
    Angel Barracks

I am thinking of Hyena’s as some local beasts.

Just reading the first Gor book, apart from the obvious theme, it seems that the main character gets through scrapes due to the most unlikely good fortune…

Geof Downton
    Geof Downton
    Participant

I am thinking of Hyena’s as some local beasts.

15mm hyenas from Irregular, needing basing and matt varnish…

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by Geof Downton Geof Downton.

One who puts on his armour should not boast like one who takes it off.
    Ahab, King of Israel; 1 Kings 20:11

Stroezie
    Stroezie
    Participant

Some hyenas, a winged ape demon and a beautifull pale skinned pirate queen.

Add some ruined temple/city pieces….

Now there’s an adventure pack I’d buy in an instant

Cheers,

Stroezie.

If you like 6mm scifi check out http://planetares6.blogspot.be/?m=0

Alexander Wasberg
    Participant

Some hyenas, a winged ape demon and a beautifull pale skinned pirate queen. Add some ruined temple/city pieces…. Now there’s an adventure pack I’d buy in an instant Cheers, Stroezie.

Now this is a neat idea, that is a great story to adapt into a game!

Christopher Lites
    Participant

There is no Hyboria, folks. There is a Hyborian Age and a Thurian Continent. Yes, Cabinet trademarked Hyboria, but it’s not in REH.

And that’s fine if you’re interested in the later pastiche. I personally like the Marvel run a lot, but I don’t think they used Hyboria.

Angel Barracks
    Angel Barracks

I am going to watch my Sharpe episodes and see if any of the cheesy stories offer scenario ideas.
    I will report back!

Steelonsand
    Steelonsand
    Participant

Would recommend ‘Sharpe’s Gold’ – I think the episode with the weird Aztec death cult, El Casco, damsels in distress, lost explorer, caves, oh, and did I mention the death cult?

😉

Angel Barracks
    Angel Barracks

So after a few PM’s the above Steelonsand packaged up and let me have, for no money at all his Conan comics.
    Now this was an amazing offer in any case, but when I saw how many comics he had parted with I was quite humbled.

Here they are.

As I make my way through them I suspect I will post some images of some things that I think would be cool to make/game.

Thanks again sir, you are a properly lovely fella.

Viewing 15 posts - 81 through 95 (of 95 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.