Home Forums General General Coolest Avatar

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Participant

What’s or who’s the coolest avatar you’ve ever seen.

My favourite is Rod Robertson’s brand new one. It is simply the coolest thing I’ve ever seen!!!

“The great Gaels of Ireland are the men that God made mad,
    For all their wars are merry, and all their songs are sad.”

Participant

War Panda:

I know you claim that you and your family are outdoors types, but if a dancing pig is the best avatar you have encountered, then you need to get out more dude; and I need to change my life! We’re not doing a great deal to improve the cool-factor of wargamers now are we?

Truth be told, it was the War Panda’s idea and I lacked enough common-sense and self-esteem to resist following his inane advice! So thank you Panda and know that I will feel a little bit guiltier every time I chow down on pork spareribs or pork chops. Ah, no, who am I kidding, I love to eat the little piggies! Bacon!!!!!!! Hmmm! I guess you are what you eat!

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson

Participant

Oh My……

Participant

For coolest it would be a toss-up between the Bloodhound Missile of John D Salt, the Imperial Eagle of Buck Surdu or the Hal-eye of Earther. However my favorite (but probably not cool) is Tarty’s cat:

http://www.thewargameswebsite.com/forums/users/tarty/

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson.

Participant

Well Rod I hope you’re not infringing any copyright issues with the good folks at Peter Pig!

My fave has to be Janner’s ‘The Rifles’ badge. Both who he is and what we’re interested in. When I look at the Waterloo 200 site  to look up the Waterloo Medal roll, half the regiments my ancestors (or at least same name tribe!) were in are all listed as ’69th Foot…then incorporated in the 32nd Foot and Mouth…then incorporated into the Royal Berkshire and Gloucester traffic wardens’…..etc etc, son on and so on, but they all seem to finish:

….now incorporated in ‘The Rifles’ !

These guys are like the Borg!

http://sparkerswargames.blogspot.com.au/
    'Blessed are the peacekeepers, for they shall need to be well 'ard'
    Matthew 5:9

Participant

I love to eat the little piggies! Bacon!!!!!!! Hmmm! I guess you are what you eat! Cheers and good gaming. Rod Robertson

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel
    Slowly Over A Low Flame

Participant

This is the one I made for the Guild, taken from a Flashman cover. Bloody thing took forever to resize properly, then again I’m not the crunchiest chip in the wrapper

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel
    Slowly Over A Low Flame

Participant

There are plenty of good avatars, so it is hard it choose a fave ……… so instead,  the ones I find cool for just 2 seconds and then hated there-on-in are those animated ones that form a constant distraction while trying to read other peoples posts. Just bad internet etiquette, thankfully they are getting rarer these days.

Participant

Sparker:

I love Peter Pig minis almost as much as I love bacon! I think they are tied with Flytarp Factory minis for # 1 in my book. So maybe you are what you game too! “Ecce optimum minima porca est bonum!”, as it says in my own personal bible! (I hope my Latin isn’t too bad, it’s been over 35 years since I took a Latin class and I was never very good.)

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson.

Participant

Paintpig:

That image is creepy, tasty but creepy. Pigs should not have human teeth!

Cheers.

Rod Robertson.

Participant

Who has a cool blue Avatar now !!!!!!

Participant

Oh, Kyoteblue, cool! Don’t mess with the Kyoteblue or he’ll mess with you!

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson

Participant

I agree. That photo of the grinning pig is just….wrong.

Kyoteblue mate, that is a cool new avatar. Did you get it just because you saw this thread….?

Upstart.

Participant

LOL !!

Participant

Now that’s a foxy blue avatar!!!

Participant

Don’t start me on Avatar ………his wife did make the better film that year.

Upstart.

Bwaaahahahahaaa

Slowly Over A Low Flame

Participant

So kyote, who helped you put the avatar on TWW? 🙂

Participant

Good one Shaun!   Nice avatar there kyote! Mine’s better though… 

“My mind is going…”

Participant

Editor Mike, made it for me Shaun.

Participant

For coolest it would be a toss-up between the Bloodhound Missile of John D Salt

The cool thing about my logo is not the Bloodhound missile, it’s the squadron number. 266 was, in fact, an operational Bloodhound squadron with the RAF in 1962, but Biggles fans will remember it as the number of a Camel squadron of the RFC based an Maranique.

All the best,

John.

Participant

Earther that is one cool avatar

And John that little detail would have been forever lost on me so nice to get that explained.

Participant

Rhoderic, is there a story behind your avatar? Is it a character from sci fi I’m unfamiliar with or is he a mini of yours? He’s incredibly impressive while at the same time seeming very approachable and friendly. cool. Its reached the point that if I ever  met you in real life I’d expect you to be 7 foot and look exactly like that chap 🙂

Rhoderic, is there a story behind your avatar? Is it a character from sci fi I’m unfamiliar with or is he a mini of yours? He’s incredibly impressive while at the same time seeming very approachable and friendly. cool. Its reached the point that if I ever met you in real life I’d expect you to be 7 foot and look exactly like that chap :)

Back when Rattrap Productions (makers of .45 Adventure, Broadsword Adventure, Gloire and Fantastic Worlds) were still in full gear a few years ago I was a fairly active poster in their forum. We were a small core group of fans who played “play by forum” narrative scenarios wherein participants would submit their characters as photos of miniatures they had painted themselves, along with background stories. Many of us would paint new figures expressly for that purpose. The blue chap is Baron Altair, my antihero (or ambivalent villain) in two scenarios for Fantastic Worlds. He’s an ascetic alien-nobleman-gone-rogue on a single-minded quest to construct a functioning black hole generator for reasons which I still refuse to make clear (largely because I never got that far with his background). He also had a henchman, a primitive Lizardman named Tep-Tep. Come to think of it, the original (terrible) photo is still up in my LAF user gallery. The figure is just a bodge-job conversion of one of the Bronze Age Miniatures generics. There was talk of having an official Baron Altair sculpted (not by me) for Rattrap Productions, and I was supposed to participate in a joint creative effort by the Rattrap community to write a new supplement for Fantastic Worlds, but to my shame I absconded (from the miniature gaming community as a whole, for a while) as I went into one of my non-hobby phases.

I’m not terribly attached to this avatar, to be honest. I’m sure I’ll change it at some point. I do generally prefer using my own painted miniatures as avatars in miniature gaming forums, though.

I’m not seven foot tall, nor hairless, nor blue, nor do I scowl menacingly very much 

Participant

I’m not seven foot tall, nor hairless, nor blue, nor do I scowl menacingly very much

Oh Roderic, you disappoint us… 

And War Panda – thank you! One tries.

Participant

My thanks go to Editor Mike for helping out kyote in his hour of need.

Keymaster

<nods>

Participant

My thanks go to Editor Mike for helping out kyote in his hour of need.

Indeed. Top bloke!

Participant

It’s alright Tim your hanging with the Cool Kids now.

Participant

I never was cool!

Mate, for what its worth I really dig your avatar – well Salty!

(Or ‘Warry’ or whatever Canuck tankers say to express approval of something seamanlike!) (I guess if they’re Newfies it don’t matter as no-one can make out what they’re saying anyway!) 

http://sparkerswargames.blogspot.com.au/
    'Blessed are the peacekeepers, for they shall need to be well 'ard'
    Matthew 5:9

Participant

What’s or who’s the coolest avatar you’ve ever seen.

Participant

LOL !!!

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.