Home Forums General Blogs Corlears Hook Fencibles

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

After frequenting Wargames Website for quite a while, I finally noticed this board. If you haven’t noticed previously, my blog posts every few weeks accounts of fights in the 18th and 19th centuries. https://corlearshookfencibles.blogspot.com/

The latest post is the 1755 Battle of the Monongahela, wherein Braddock was thumped and young George Washington had his horse shot and various holes shot in his clothes.

Hmm. Why did my opponent put his Indians on top of the ruler? Perhaps it was a makeshift bridge for the creek below.

It's never too late to have a happy childhood

Good Show!

Participant

I am not a maven with Blogger. The blog lay fallow for 5 years because I could not figure out how to get the photos to increase in size when clicked. Yeah, I know, it wasn’t brain surgery but I didn’t apply the needed effort. Then I discovered a couple years ago that the techs had done it for me, voila, click and it grew. So the blog thundered back to life and I’ve been happily posting since. But my blog seems a weird hybrid of old and new. For instance, I can’t get a dashboard up for my blog. This means I can’t post the list of blogs I follow, etc. I wonder how hard it is to move posts from the old blog to a new one? I now have 76 posts. Moving them might be quite a chore, especially if I have to move the large number of photos individually. Anyone have an idea of what this would entail?

Participant

Why can’t you get a dashboard up? You should be able to sign in, select ‘design’ and change everything.

--An occasional wargames blog: http://aleadodyssey.blogspot.co.uk/ --

Participant

When I click design, the following lists pops up:

view blog

stats

comments

earnings

pages

layout

theme

settings

reading list

help

No option for dashboard. I can do some of the stuff with these, but all the online guides for posting the blogs I follow don’t indicate my list of choices.

Participant

It should be under the layout section IIRC.

Participant

A totally different issue, but every now and then I get a pile of hits from what I assume are bots of one kind or another. Some days I get loads of hit from Russia. Sure there are Russian gamers, but hundreds interested in me? Today’s strange stuff is 142+ hits from the United Arab Emirates. Right.

Participant

Trying it now, Steve. Thank you.

Edit: that’s much better. Thank you for assisting the needy and challenged.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.