Home Forums Horse and Musket Napoleonic Cossacks, cossacks, cossacks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Forgive me if I’m a little full of myself, but I was surprised there was no reaction to my recent posting on my Page thread. I suspect we are all suffering page fatigue. So if you didn’t make it to page 2, let me say I added a full roster of Don Cossack regiment names to http://zaotlichiye.net63.net/allfacings.html. The information all comes from Kalinin and is readily accessible on the net, but perhaps obscure. Anyway, while I’m sure it took some hard work on Kalinin’s part, the result is that the Don Cossack regiments were continually created and stayed around for the duration and are quite accountable.
    JG

Participant

Wow, what a labour of love. I´m impressed. While it´s not my period of gaming it´s part of my private interests.

"In strange grammar this one writes" - Master Yoda

Forgive me if I’m a little full of myself, but I was surprised there was no reaction to my recent posting on my Page thread.

Apologies. I have your excellent site bookmarked. It is a fantastic source.

I have a large-ish 1812 Russian army but it is, unfortunately, heavy with cavalry & artillery & comparatively light on infantry. This may change soon as it seems Strelets are starting to release suitable scaled figures of some quality.

We wish to fight Borodino or Smolensk some time in the future. I am also partial to the Campaign of 1813 (lots of armies, the French aren’t overwhelmingly good etc) so your site will be an invaluable resource.

donald

Inactive

Very nice – you included the commander’s rank(s) and covered the whole period 1804-1814!

Thank you !

Participant

Thanks for the kind words. Sergey Kalinin deserves the credit, but I hope I’ve added some value with the format.
    JG

Participant

https://i.postimg.cc/Kzfk5VJz/20220824-161439.jpg

One will be hard pressed to have too many Cossacks unless been working on it for decades

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.