Home Forums Sci Fi 6mm Sci-Fi Crescente III. Legion (6mm Vanguard Miniatures)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Mr. Average
    Participant

On a very rare break from work I decided to indulge a little science fiction itch and paint some 6mm Vanguard Novan Elites. I was duly impressed by the setup I saw recently for 6mm scale One Page Rules Grimdark Future and am doing something similar, set in the Vanguard universe’s Techno-Renaissance style War of the Crescente Succession.

So this is the III. Legio “Fulminata” of the Duchy of Crescente, getting ready for some hot combined arms action. And to seal the deal, these guys are amounting to Reasonable Marines by sporting camouflage. The orange and white denotes them as part of the “Reformist” faction. Vanguard minis are a joy to paint – hugely detailed and crisp, clean castings. All around a fun project in the making.

Thomaston
    Participant

I like the orange shoulders. I can’t make out much of the infantry, zoom in closer please.
    Will there be the rest of the Legion of these?

Tired is enough.
    R-rated narcissism

Thaddeus Blanchette
    Participant

Beautiful stuff, Mat! Second on the orange shoulders: they add that necessary touch of flash!

We get slapped around, but we have a good time!

Mr. Average
    Participant

Thanks guys! These are some closer shots of the infantry, although I fear I’m not doing them proper justice in the photo.

Mr. Average
    Participant

Also yes, I will probably aim to have a full cohort at 6mm scale, with various armored and support detachments. At 3mm scale however I could do a full legion quite easily, but would radically simplify the paint scheme.

Funny thing is that these days I’m actually finding the Vanguard milieu gradually more interesting than the 40K one. Maybe because it’s more open-ended but also more relatable. Sure it has the nietzchean übermeschen but it also has independent states having power struggles with each other, more like the Holy Roman Empire than the Imperium of Man.  But there it is – à chacun son goût.

ian pillay
    Participant

Wow, stunning brush work. It really brings those models to life. I think I might have to take a closer look at the Vanguard range next year.

Tally-Ho!

Thomaston
    Participant

I’m surprised you didn’t paint the eyes 😀
    Like your basing. Normal grit with flock on top, no paint?

Tired is enough.
    R-rated narcissism

Thomaston
    Participant

Where can I read background for Vanguard minis?

Tired is enough.
    R-rated narcissism

Mr. Average
    Participant

I believe you can still get the introductory pack for the in house rule system on their Facebook page or at the vanguard website.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.