Home Forums General Conventions and Shows Crisis 2017, Antwerp – worth the trip?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi,

I am pondering wether to take the plunge and try this show as it always catches my eye.

It seems to be a pretty big affair with a lot of traders and a good venue.

However its a fair trek and expense from the London/Essex border so I would appreciate thoughts and views of any one who has made the trip from the UK.

With SELWG at crystal palace and Fiasco in Leeds during October and then Crisis early November its tough to decide which to head for!

Any thoughts?

Interest include 6mm WW2, 6mm SciFi, 30mm Old West, DropFleet, Warlords Exterminate and others!

Participant

I’m a Belgian, so I’m biased. I’ve run games at CRISIS for the past 20 years.

CRISIS is a great show. Lots of traders. All the UK usual suspects, but also non-UK ones, which might be a refreshing view for UK visitors. Full list here: http://tsoa.be/crisis_traders.html , the prelim lay-out map is also available. As for games: plenty of them. Many EU clubs see this as the highlight of the year, so the very best games are usually presented at CRISIS. Excellent bar (Belgian beer!) and catering.

Some say CRISIS is the biggest mainland EU show, and in size only second to Salute. But it’s hard to back that up with numbers 🙂

W.r.t. trip from the UK: a bit difficult for me to judge that, but I see UK friends there every year.

Here are some video impressions from past editions:

… and many more to be found on youtube …

Participant

BTW, if you want to read about the Oldhammer game I’m going to run there, check my blog: http://snv-ttm.blogspot.be/search/label/Crisis2017

Participant

Here’s what you missed:

Participant

Thanks for that video Phil.

Looks somewhat like Salute!

I will seriously consider going next year.

Interest include 6mm WW2, 6mm SciFi, 30mm Old West, DropFleet, Warlords Exterminate and others!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.