Home Forums General Conventions and Shows Crisis 2022 cancelled

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

For the 3rd year in a row, no show in Antwerp.

From the Tin Soldiers Antwerp (the organizing club) facebook’s page:

A more detailled explanation will follow later but we sadly have to announce that we are unable to organise Crisis 2022 in the current format.
    We were still in the process of writing the communication but as it is out, we quickly have to address the news now.
    Rising costs, lesser availability of volunteers and the announcement of restrictions already on the table for pandemic measures later in ’22 have made it a far too big financial risk for us to carry trough with the known format,hence the cancellation as organizing this can’t have us risk our club finances.

I was really looking forward towards the show (and running a game there, as I’ve done for the past 25 years), but I’m afraid the combination of Covid and Brexit has killed Crisis as we knew it …

Participant

That’s a shame. Not that I’ve ever been or planned to attend due to costs getting there etc, but for those in Europe a big show like this is a loss. I know the Brexit paperwork issues etc for British traders attending made it no longer financially viable to attend.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.