Home Forums Fantasy General Fantasy Crom's Other Interests …

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Has anyone used the Crom rules in a different setting?  or even considered it?

If you have, could share your experience here?

(I’ve got a bunch of figures that I’m intending to use for Fantasy Gladiator battles and it occurred to me that the Crom rules might be good for that …)

Keymaster

I feel that Crom lends itself to story based  games where the thing that matters is the tale of who won.
    I would struggle to use Crom for any sort of detailed fighting games as the mechanics are quite vague.

After all it does not matter if you have armour or weapons in Crom.
    Your fighting dice allocation would be the same with or without…

Participant

Could be good for caveman vs Dinos, or maybe middle ages warband stuff?

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Participant

I feel that Crom lends itself to story based games where the thing that matters is the tale of who won. I would struggle to use Crom for any sort of detailed fighting games as the mechanics are quite vague. After all it does not matter if you have armour or weapons in Crom. Your fighting dice allocation would be the same with or without…

Thanks Mike – very good points.  Wouldn’t be suitable for gladiatorial fights really …

I do have a bunch of dungeon stuff (from my DnD days), adventurers & beasties that I think would be good for Crom …

Keymaster

I do have a bunch of dungeon stuff (from my DnD days), adventurers & beasties that I think would be good for Crom …

Do it!
    Do it!
    Do it!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.