Home Forums WWI Crossfire WW1 table

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    JozisTinMan
    Participant

Also posted to Crossfire IO Group…

Need opinions. Setting up another table, larger this time, for a Spring 1918 German Assault on a British strongpoint. Say a Company(+) attacking two depleted platoons,

Germans attacking from the left side of this picture.  Shattered woods block LOS and offer cover. Craters do not block LOS but do offer cover from direct fire.  Muddy patches by themselves offer no cover but act as terrain features (ie you cannot enter and exit on the same activation) Will put an HMG in the bunker.

Any suggestions on this setup?  I figured the bunker will have a clear field of fire at an oblique to the main strongpoint.  Is there enough cover to give the Germans a chance? Does it look plausible?

I plan to run this table several times, probably won’t have a chance until I get back from vacation in a couple of weeks.
    Thoughts?

http://jozistinman.blogspot.com/

kyoteblue
    Participant

Have you thought about using potting soil to darken the table? As it is your dark trenches clash with the ground cloth.

JozisTinMan
    Participant

Thanks, Kyote!  I have a darker cloth I am working on, so it won’t look like a golfcourse that has been dug up.

Any thoughts on line of sight, etc?  I have some crests I can deploy too.

kyoteblue
    Participant

Not really I was just Jared by the golf course glad you have a darker one.

Mike Headden
    Participant

Can’t say I find the contrast jarring. Especially for 1918 when things were becoming more fluid. There were always sectors where the ground was not churned to mulch and where shell holes and trenches would be much starker contrast than in the seas of mud we tend to think of in relation to WW1.

Nice set up, IMHO, which would be improved by the addition of some crests to indicate the slight undulations present in the landscape.

Long time since I played Crossfire and our games were all set in Stalingrad.

May you have as much fun as we did!

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is entirely optional!

JozisTinMan
    Participant

Kyote: I should find a 10mm golfer figure to place on the table and see if anyone notices…

Mike: I think I will throw a crest or two out there, I have the technology 🙂  I 3d printed some, because every problem can be solved by 3d printing!  In my head the bunker has a clear field of fire off towards the upper left corner of the pictures firing on fixed lines, but I will put a few out elsewhere to give some blind spots.

I’ll push some lead around the table in a couple of weeks.

kyoteblue
    Participant

I have a 15mm goat figure I put out in all my games so yes find a 10mm golfer!!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.