Home Forums General General Crossposting

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    deephorse
    Participant

I have something that I would like to post on both the WWI and Boardgames boards.  Is this possible without having to do it separately?

Less enthusiasm, please. This is Britain.

Mike
    Keymaster

No, that is not something that can be done on TWW.
    Please choose the most relevant forum for the topic; also please don’t post the same thing more than once, as that can get messy and people are unsure which topic to reply to, which one to subscribe to, they may all reply to one and ignore the other etc…

Choose the best fit, could be boardgames if it is a boardgame?

Mike
    Keymaster

Saying that, can cross-posting the same topic to multiple forums be done anywhere other than TMP?
    It is not something I recall seeing eleswhere?

deephorse
    Participant

No, that is not something that can be done on TWW. Please choose the most relevant forum for the topic; also please don’t post the same thing more than once, as that can get messy and people are unsure which topic to reply to, which one to subscribe to, they may all reply to one and ignore the other etc… Choose the best fit, could be boardgames if it is a boardgame?

Point taken.  It is from a WWI boardgame so I’ll probably go WWI then.

Ivan Sorensen
    Participant

Most forums use pretty similar software to here and I’ve never seen cross posting anywhere.

Nordic Weasel Games
    https://www.wargamevault.com/browse/pub/5701/Nordic-Weasel-Games?src=browse5701

MartinR
    Participant

Cross posting is very confusing, so thankfully commercial forum software doesn’t generally support it.

TWW does of course have tag functionality which let’s you add meta data to posts.

"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" - Helmuth von Moltke

deephorse
    Participant

I’ve never found crossposting to be confusing.  On the other hand I wish I understood this “TWW does of course have tag functionality which let’s you add meta data to posts“!.  I peaked with Windows XP.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.