Home Forums Modern Cuba Libre – Cronistria Fight #13

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Just Jack
    Participant

All,

It’s 1430 on 5 June 1990, and SSgt Bettancourt’s 3rd Platoon, Alpha Company, is dug-in in the village of Brevno, the scene of three previous battles between the Cronistrian Democrats (led by TF Rojas) and Communists. Once again the Communists fell back after the battle, and for the past several hours they’ve been pounding Brevno with artillery. They suffer from poor coordination and control, so they don’t manage to get an overwhelming force into the village as the barrage lifts, but SSgt Bettancourt’s platoon has been significantly impacted by the bombardment.

The Democrats start in prepared defensive positions, but the Communists move forward aggressively and spot a Democrat near the Inn. An RPG quickly follows the target identification. To see the whole fight, please check the blog at:
    http://cubalibrewargame.blogspot.com/2016/04/cuba-libre-cronistria-fight-13.html

In a strange twist of fate, both sides took the same amount of casualties, but the Communists managed to push the Democrats out of Brevno. That’s right: the boy got me 😉

That’s all the fights I’ve played so far, but more games to come soon.

V/R,
    Jack

kyoteblue
    Participant

I knew the Boy’s luck would change !!! I love how the building are getting more and more beat up !!!

Just Jack
    Participant

John,

Yeah, he’s been doing great, I’ve just been luckier with the dice.  Even with this fight: he was kicking my butt, but as I was pulling back I got very lucky and dropped several of his men.

And I’m glad you noticed the town.  We think it’s pretty cool; after every game we each choose one building/section of building to beat up on.

V/R,

Jack

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.