Home Forums Modern Cuba Libre – Cronistria Fight #2

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Just Jack
    Participant

All,

It’s been several days since crossing the frontier, and TF Trojas is looking for action. It’s 1500 on 8 April 1990, and Team 6-4 has been briefed, geared up, and conducted its movement to the objective area. Lt Trojas was informed by local agents that the leader of a local cell of the Cronistrian People’s Army (CPA, the local Communist Militia supporting General Ambroz Zlatan’s communist takeover of Cronistria) scheduled a meeting in a farmhouse in the nearby village of Perzezl. Trojas immediately put Team 6-4 on the task of proceeding to the meeting location and eliminating the CPA cell. Sergeant First Class “Rooey” Contreras was only too happy; he and his boys were itching for action, and Willow (KIA from Team 6-3) was a friend of his.

The fight is bloody, and we have close combat! At left is a downed Cuban and a downed bad guy. To see how the fight went, please check the blog at:
    http://cubalibrewargame.blogspot.com/2015/12/cuba-libre-cronistria-fight-2.html

The fight was fantastic, a crazy back and forth that saw the Cubans… Well, you’ll have to check the blog 😉 In any case, that’s all the fights so far. This week I’ve been painting up some 15mm vehicles and terrain, and this weekend I have a rather ambitious agenda of getting in one fight in South Leon (15mm), and two more fights here in Cronistria (20mm).

V/R,
    Jack

kyoteblue
    Participant

Great AAR….wait do you not have a roof for one of the houses???

Shaun Travers
    Participant

Give him a break, we are all thankful he has rocky outcroppings rather than shagpiles (you even spotted this in the previous AAR!) , and then you start picking on the buildings.  You should be ashamed of yourself,  setting the bar to  a level Jack can never reach 🙂  Next thing you know you will be wanting some roads in front of the houses so they are not all in the middle of pastures.

Just Jack
    Participant

Kyote- thanks, and yes, I have the roof for all the houses.  I just remove them when people/blinds are inside, so that I don’t forget about them.

Shaun – noted regarding the houses in the pasture, I’ll see what I can do.  I am bitten by the fact I don’t have 20mm roads, so they’re not really featuring in these batreps.

In any case, how about some comments on the actual fight, you knuckleheads!

V/R,

Jack

• This reply was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by Just Jack.
    kyoteblue
    Participant

Um the FOW roads while made for 15mm would work for 20mm…..just a thought…glad you have roofs !!!! And it was a good back and forth game.

Shaun Travers
    Participant

Jack, you do not need to put roads down!  I only mentioned that dissing the lack of a roof leads down a path to looking at all aspects of terrain and was using the lack of roads as an example.  The 6mm game I have setup at the moment does not have roads leading to any houses, so I am in no position to criticise at all!

Are you playing some sort of game – I was looking at pictures you have posted for terrain ideas 🙂  And reading the world’s longest review of a set of rules, that still seems to have quite a way to go 🙂

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Just Jack:

I couldn’t wait and read it this evening. The Commies just kept going, took a licking and just kept ticking. And what’s with the blood covered arms and butcher’s apron on the leader? Laying on the imagery a bit thick, no? A really great little scrap and a good report although loaded with suspense surppressing spoilers along the way!?!? Cool stuff and thanks for posting this. Oh, by the way, the Cubans’ choices of nicknames; not very Cuban and more proof that these are likely plausibly deniable US special forces posing as Cubans!

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson.

kyoteblue
    Participant

Not Cuban enough !!! The horror !!!

Just Jack
    Participant

Shaun – Yes, I’m playing a game, and not just a game, but another campaign, so get crackin’.  And you’re not very good at this trash talking stuff 😉

Rod – Yeah, a helluva fight, and a very Hollywood ending.  Regarding imagery: hey, if the shoe fits…  I’m not following you on the spoilers though, whaddaya mean?  Regarding the nicknames, they’ve been translated from Spanish to English so you gringos can keep up 😉

Kyote – It’s gonna be okay 😉

V/R,
    Jack

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Jack:

So “Willow” in English is “Sauce” in Spanish. “Sauce” is a silly nickname, unless he really loves pasta or hooche. But, alas, now we will never know as Sauce has gone to that big pot in the sky! Sniff!

Cheers.

Rod Robertson.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by Rod Robertson.
    Shaun Travers
    Participant

I may not be very good at trash talk, in your opinion, but if your best response is “you are not very good at this trash talk”, I will have to stop fighting with an unarmed person  – it would be unfair.

Just Jack
    Participant

Oh, c’mon!  It’s lose-lose, like fighting a little kid.  If I beat up on ya, I’m the bastid beating up on a little kid.  If you beat up on me, I lost to a little kid.  I’m walking a tightrope here! 😉

V/R,
    Jack

Shaun Travers
    Participant

Ah Jack, you are getting the idea.  You cannot win any battle with me, real, imagined or trash.  If only I could say that was my cunning plan all along…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.