Home Forums Modern Cuba Libre – Cronistria Fight #4

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Just Jack
    Participant

All,

It’s been several days since crossing the debacle of the blown ambush by Team 6-2, and Lt “Mikey” Trojas, commander of TF Trojas, is pouring over maps and message traffic when suddenly Andraz Gregor, leader of the Cronistrian Democrats, darkens his door. “Have you got a moment?” “Sure, Sir, come on in.” Gregor quickly explained that one of his key lieutenants was captured ten hours ago, and that Gregor’s sources had informed him the lieutenant was being held in a bombed out house in the village of Crocuk, northeast of the capital city of Miran. Gregor stated he was putting together a team to go and retrieve his lieutenant, and could the CLEF task force spare any gear? “Sir, we do. But let us take care of this for you. Let’s look at the map, and I’ll personally lead the mission.”

It’s 1030 on 13 April 1990, and Team 6-1 has been briefed, geared up, and conducted its movement to the objective area. They conducted a security halt, and Lt Trojas conducted a recon of the area; the team is now infiltrating as close to the target building as possible to secure the Cronistrian Democrat Militia (CDM) lieutenant.

A fierce fight breaks out in and around the target building. To see how the fight turns out, please check the blog at:
    http://cubalibrewargame.blogspot.com/2015/12/cuba-libre-cronistria-fight-4.html

Well, that’s it for now, I’ll look to get some more games in this coming weekend. I’m loving how quick these are; the previous took a tad longer to set up because I used all that lichen, as well as the fact the fight went long (due to the CLEF knocking the bad guys around then the bad guys recovering and knocking the CLEF around), but this fight was quicker than normal and so I got both in (set up, play, take down, set up, play) in about three hours.

More fights to come!

V/R,
    Jack

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Woo-hoo:

I beat Kyoteblue to it twice in a row! How pathetic am I that this excites me? Now I’ll just read it. Cheers Jack.

Rod Robertson.

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Jack:

That was a interesting report. I liked the fight in and around the ruined farm house but the butcher figure just distracts me. Have you thought about using Ivan’s NEIS rules to run these small unit actions rather than 5MinN? I think they would work well. Also, Geoff at TSS is probably looking for old style Marines to stop you subconsciously linking his brand to Balkan baddies! ; ). An engaging report and lovely pictures. The MDF ruin is a lovely model.

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson.

kyoteblue
    Participant

Sorry Guys have not had a chance to read threw as x-mess is kicking my butt….

Just Jack
    Participant

Kyote – Hurry up, and enough with the excuses 😉  Anyway, hope you’re having a great time with your grandkids, your great grandkids, and your great, great grandkids!

Rod – Thanks man, glad you liked it.  Regarding NEIS, do you remember the three FFL in Estonia games I played awhile back?  In those, I actually used NEIS, but sort of down-scaled a level.  I had fun, but I couldn’t quite find the sweet spot playing a level lower than the rules were designed for.  I really like the mechanics, but at the same time I just absolutely love the 5Core system, and it works for me at skirmish, platoon, company, and battalions level (and someday brigade if I make/find the time).

I’m not following you on Geoff and Balkan baddies though.  These are all 20mm troops from Elhiem.  On the good news front, Geoff has my order and they are preparing to send a bunch of 90’s USMC and some French Foreign Legion my way.  I can’t wait to get them in my hands!

V/R,
    Jack

kyoteblue
    Participant

Sorry Guys, just been a couple of busy days…Good fight but will they live to make it home !!!!!
    Just Jack a friend on TMP was able to post my pics of the Team Yankee kit I’ve been working on it the Team Yankee and I thread.

Just Jack
    Participant

Which Team Yankee thread?  What board is it on?  And if you can do it there, you can do it here buddy 😉

We shall soon see if Team 6-1 is able to make it home.  Spoiler Alert: we’re about to witness the arrival of the Tigers (Serbian special forces), hot on 6-1’s tail.

V/R,
    Jack

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Just Jack:

My Geoff joke was a reference to the Quick Reaction Force which the Cubans were trying to avoid. Who makes the MDF ruined house?

Cheers.

Rod Robertson.

kyoteblue
    Participant

Flames of war board, titled Team Yankee and I and it was Ravencraftcybernetics who posted pics from my Facebook to the thread not I… Angel Barracks gave me some instructions to post pics but so far I have not been able to do it….I guess I need to buy a computer with a mouse or something.

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Kyoteblue:

Deus Vult! The Divine does not want you to join the digital Sodom and Gomorrah that is posting pictures on the Devil’s web! Resist the siren-song or you will wreck the ship of your life on the rocks of blogging. Remember, the Lord disables those who disable themselves, so your inability is your strength and you should play to it. Resist Kyote and keep the theaters of the mind alive! Imagine!

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson.

kyoteblue
    Participant

Rod oh Rod….I shall keep trying to figure out how to post pics here…I don’t always want to depend on the kindness of others to do it for me…but I may have to wait and buy a better computer….shrug.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.