Home Forums Modern Cuba Libre – Cronistria Fight #6

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Just Jack
    Participant

All,

Just in time, it’s New Year’s Eve. Happy New Year everyone!

As a quick aside, this is the 75th battle report I’ve posted this year; hope I do as well next year!

It’s 0930 on 15 April 1990, and Team 6-2, down to just Tico (the team leader) and Bear (and the two aren’t very happy with one another) are closing in on their objective. But they’re not alone: partly owing to the fact Team 6-2 was so shot up, but partly due to the fact it’s simply time to get them on the street, this mission is the first pairing of Cuban Liberation Expeditionary Force troops with soldiers of the Cronistrian Democratic Militia (CDM). Members of TF Trojas’ Det B continue to work on training new recruits; the seven CDM members accompanying Team 6-2 are men with prior military training (in the Army of the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia, or FRY). They’ve been designated as leadership cadre for future units to be stood up once Det B ‘graduates’ its first batch of troops, so this mission is to be their baptism of fire.

So far the CLEF has fought against the Cronistrian National Guard (CNG, members of the military wing of the Cronistrian Communists), the Cronistrian People’s Army (CPA, militia of the Cronistrian Communists), and Demjanovic’s Tigers (a Special Forces Battalion dispatched to Cronistria specifically to deal with TF Trojas). But there is another adversary present in Cronistria: while it has suffered large-scale desertions, horrible morale, lapses in leadership, corruption, etc…, the FRY Army still has a number of garrisons in Cronistria. TF Trojas would love nothing more than to ignore these garrisons, but the problem is that they wish to keep Cronistria from leaving Yugoslavia and have stricken at Cronistrian Democrats on several occasions. Lt “Mikey” Trojas, consulting with President Andraz Gregor and his military head, General Miroslav Denis, has decided that the best course of action is to violently attack several of the FRY garrisons in the hope of shocking them bad enough that they simply decide to sit out the war.

So Mikey called Tico in to brief, and they settled on a garrison on the Austrian frontier, north of the capital of Miran. With that, Tico briefed Bear and the CDM team, they went through gear checks and rehearsals, then set out at approximately 0100 on foot. By 0930 they were in their jump-off positions, ready to put some shock and awe on the FRY garrison.

Tico (center-right) and one of his CDM troops (bottom right) cleared the gas station and guard tower, and now move up on the barracks. To see how the fight went, please check the blog at:
    http://cubalibrewargame.blogspot.com/2015/12/cuba-libre-cronistria-fight-6.html

That was a lot of fun; I’ve fought one more already and need to write it up, and I’m looking to play some more today. Stay tuned.

V/R,
    Jack

kyoteblue
    Participant

Just Jack, you wild man !!!! All those games !!!! I glued 2 tanks together and Joyce tried to burn down the house !!!

Just Jack
    Participant

You’re just going to have to glue tanks together faster, lest she have more time to find kindling!

I need to finish up batrep number 7, and I just played 8 and 9.  I’m looking to get two in Saturday and two in Sunday.  My 15mm campaign is on hold until I get my US guys from QRF and my NVA/VC from Peter Pig (via Brookhurst Hobbies).  Not sure how long that’ll take, but then I’ve got to paint and base’em, so don’t know when the Fall of South Leon will occur…

There’s plenty of other painting and basing to do, but then I run the risk of getting into another project 😉

V/R,
    Jack

kyoteblue
    Participant

4 more tanks glued and still no power…this is day 6 and we have yet to see a single Lineman Truck….

Shaun Travers
    Participant

Jack, I think I have said it before but you are a machine!  Besides the 30 games in 30 days, I am luckily to find a few hours a week to do gaming.  I had the week off between Xmas and New Year too but went swimming (again) yesterday.   I think I got three games in all up.

Just Jack
    Participant

Shaun,

Hold your praise, gaming hasn’t gone as aggressively as planned.  Seems I wasn’t able to ignore the family as much as hoped 😉  Got hornswaggled a few times into taking them places, stuff that wasn’t on the schedule and displaced gaming time.  In the end, back to real life (work) tomorrow, and I only got five games and some painting in, and finished up my Bag the Hun cards (which took a lot longer than expected).

And 30 games in 30 days is the stuff of legends!

And sucking up to Panda will not secure victory for you!  I saw he posted over on TMP, so he’s still alive, but he’s been awful quiet about our game.  I’m telling you, he and his daughter have My Little Ponies strolling through the streets of Rauray right now!

V/R,
    Jack

Shaun Travers
    Participant

I got in three games and fixed up some figures and a small amount of painting, mostly touching up old figures.  So at least some!

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Really good report Jack! I’m rushed for time but that was a nice break from correcting! Well done!

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson.

kyoteblue
    Participant

Have not gamed is 3 weeks and It looks like snow this coming weekend…..I need more AAR’s !!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.