Home Forums Modern Cuba Libre – Cronistria Fight #7

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Just Jack
    Participant

All,

It’s 1530 on 18 April 1990, and Team 6-3 is on patrol, seeking out the enemy. And not just any enemy, their new nemesis: Demjanovic’s Tigers, the Serbian 4th Special Forces Battalion. Serbia is very much interested in holding together the splintering Federal Republic of Yugoslavia (FRY). It had been content with backing, to a certain extent, the Cronistrian Communist Party, as well as keeping several FRY Army units active in Cronistria via pre-existing garrisons/barracks. But word soon reached Serbian military HQ that a Western nation had dispatched commandos to Cronistria to back the Cronistrian Democrats; President Milosevic ordered the deployment of Major Demjanovic’s 4th Special Forces Battalion to hunt them down.

Earlier in the day the Operations NCO approached Lt “Mikey” Trojas, the commander of the CLEF detachment in Cronistria, Task Force Trojas. “Sir, 626-Forward (a CLEF element across the border in Italy, with a Radio Reconnaissance Team attached) reports new callsigns and locations up on the enemy (radio) net. This has to be Demjanovic’s Tigers. Most of the callsigns are co-located with FRY garrisons, but we’ve identified a few located in rural areas. There’s one not two hours’ march from here.” “Roger, get me 6-3’s leader, Turk.”

Turk reported to Mikey, who quickly briefed him in on the situation. “I want your team to scout out the location ID’ed by 626-Forward, and if you can whack’em, then I damn well want you to whack’em, savvy?” “Roger, Boss.”

Turk assembled his team, briefed and prepped them, and off they went. By 1330 the four-man patrol was nearing the geocoords provided by 626-Forward. Unbeknownst to the team, Demjanovic’s Tigers had set a trap: they set up several ambush sites in rural areas centered on fake radio transmissions, which they figured might lure the Western commandos to battle. The only good news for Turk and Team 6-3 was that the enemy had oriented their ambush to the south and west, while Turk had had his men circle around from the north.

The team arrives at the bridge and begins crossing the linear danger area. The point man crosses, then, the team leader, and the designated marksman had just begun crossing (the SAW gunner is still on the north side of the bridge) when all hell broke loose. To see how the fight went, please check the blog at:
    http://cubalibrewargame.blogspot.com/2016/01/cuba-libre-cronistria-fight-7.html

I’ve already played the next two fights and need to get them written up for you guys. They’re on the way, so stay tuned.

V/R,
    Jack

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Oooh!

Jack, that was an exciting and engaging game! Panda and Turk captured and in the gentle hands of a Serbian para-military interrogation team. Yikes! That’s not good. If you get a chance look for and watch the movie “Saviour” for the kind of treatment Panda and Turk may face. Thanks for posting this and I wait with bated breath for the next installment of ‘As the CLEF Turns’. It’s like watching an old 1940’s vintage serial thriller just before the main movie – cliff-hangers and all! Keep up the great work and enjoy it along the way.

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson

kyoteblue
    Participant

You lost Turk and Panda !!!!! Oh the horror!!!! Thanks Just Jack a great read !!!!!

Just Jack
    Participant

Thanks fellers, I appreciate it.  And don’t worry, plans are already in the works to get our guys back. Actually, I’ve already played the next two games, just need to get them written up…

Rod – Well, well, well, you surprise me again, Professor.  I have indeed seen The Savior, pretty crazy movie.  If you look at my CLEF roster you’ll see I actually use Dennis Quaid’s picture from that movie.

More to follow!

V/R,
    Jack

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Jack:

If you have seen the Saviour, then track down No Mans Land, a great film about the Bosnian part of the civil war. It’s both shocking and inspiring.

Cheers.

Rod Robertson.

Just Jack
    Participant

I hadn’t heard of No Man’s Land, I’ll have to check it out, thanks.

V/R,
    Jack

kyoteblue
    Participant

More movies to check out. Off to game some Team Yankee with half painted T-72’s !!!

Just Jack
    Participant

How did the game go, John?

Nothing personal, but I hope the T-72s got shot to pieces.  It’s the capitalist in me 😉

V/R,
    Jack

kyoteblue
    Participant

Of coarse my T-72’s got shot to pieces it was their first game…Keepers First Law of Games, any brand new newly painted unit will always die or run away in their first game. Mine did both…… But when you are the only one with Commies ya have to play the bad guys….

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.