Home Forums Modern Cuba Libre – Liberation Batrep 1

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

All,

Well, it’s happened. I started my blog almost two years ago because I was inspired by some small-scale gaming and modern Imagi-nations, and I’m finally getting into it. The invasion of Cuba by Cuban exiles (the Cuba Liberation Army) seeking to overthrow the Castros and reclaim the island nation (so they can take it to war all over the world to satisfy my gaming needs).

It’s 0300 on 1 Feb 1990, and the invasion is set to begin. A large Cuban Liberation Army (CLA) landing force is approaching the island from the west, and so CLA Special Operations Forces (SOF) B Squadron, previously infiltrated into Cuba, have been tasked to destroy a key radar site on the Peninsula de Guana Hagabibes.

The CLA force, from B Squadron of the CLA Special Operations Force, which had infiltrated Cuba several months ago: a Command Stand, four Special Operations stands, an LMG stand, a Gustav 84mm rocket launcher, and a Jeep mounting a .50-cal HMG.

The Castro-regime force, from the 27th Infantry Company, 3rd Cuban Infantry Battalion: a Command Stand, five rifle stands, a general purpose (RPG-type) rocket, an 82mm mortar, and an armored car.

Overview of the table, with right being north, CLA on the bottom (east) and regime forces on the top (west), with the radar site at top right (northwest).

The Charlie G takes a shot at the enemy armored car.

For the whole battle, please check the blog at:
    http://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2015/05/cuba-libre-liberation-batrep-1.html

It was fun and exactly what I’d hoped for using less forces than normal and on a smaller (2′ x 2′) board, and a great start to the campaign. I’ve got quite a few more of these on the way.

V/R,
    Jack

Participant

Jack.

Well done! The minis look great, the vehicles too. The terrain is carpetty as one would expect from a Just Jack production. The enthusiasm and enjoyment comes across loud and clear in your report. I gotta say I love the missile trails, they’re too cool. Finally as I am a commie from the Peoples Republic of Canuckistan, why no love for Fidel or Raoul? If it wasn’t for their hard won revolution you would have nothing game! So Viva Fidel y Viva Raoul!

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson.

Participant

At long last…I have got to buy a Shopvac tomorrow and get working on some non-carpet hills for Just Jack…

Participant

“The terrain is carpetty as one would expect from a Just Jack production.”

“At long last…I have got to buy a Shopvac tomorrow and get working on some non-carpet hills for Just Jack…”

Hey guys this seems unfair! Highly unfair even…this is an extremely entertaining AAR about an extremely important conflict on an extremely small battlefield with extremely strange hills…

Don’t be drawn down to their level Jack…extremely bad taste lads.

To put Jack’s hills in proper perspective all these images are actually found in nature

“The great Gaels of Ireland are the men that God made mad,
    For all their wars are merry, and all their songs are sad.”

Participant

Just Jack; They’re back!

Participant

Oh man, Just Jack, I love it.  The table looks great, got to steel an idea from you for my Africa games in the future.   Looking forward to the next battle.

Participant

Just Jack,

Have you found any decent sources for Cuban Army uniform info?  I did some Cubans for my 1980s Africa games awhile back, and discovered that detailed info was relatively hard to come by.   Anyway, just curious.

Participant

Kyote, Rod, and Panda – As always, you guys are killing me.  I got five games in this weekend, and I’ve been trying to get them written up.

Irishserb – Thanks man, I really appreciate it.  Not sure what ideas I may have that you want to steel, but I’ll help however I can 😉  I don’t have any resources on Cuban uniforms; as you noted, they’re pretty scarce.  I just painted up the Pendraken Argentinians in olive green with dark green helmets and figured they’ll fit in wherever I need them too.

V/R,
    Jack

Participant

You write Just Jack…I’ll make hills…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.