Home Forums Modern Cuba Libre – Liberation Batrep 30

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Just Jack
    Participant

All,

It’s 0900 on 5 Feb 1990, and the CLA’s C Company, 1st Airborne Battalion, is on the move in Havana. Following B Company, 3rd Infantry Battalion’s setback yesterday in Artemisa at the hands of the regime’s 2nd Armored Battalion, 1st Airborne Battalion was committed to secure Artemisa, which occurred yesterday afternoon. The CLA paratroopers entered the city to find organized defense non-existent, the enemy forces severely demoralized and surrendering in large groups. Interrogations of prisoners of war yielded only “it is finished, the regime has fallen.”

CLA SIGINT intercepts showed a great deal of chatter, to include several new stations on channels previously unused, in a foreign dialect, and a large deal of communication between regime formation senior commanders. The regime’s Supreme Headquarters had communicated with a foreign element, then gone off the air, leaving the regime’s military leaderless and without direction.

1st Airborne Battalion passed off the prisoners to other CLA units, then road marched to Havana, where Captain DeNostro’s C Company led the way into the last pocket of enemy resistance in the north. Early on the going was easy, but the paratroopers soon ran into stiff enemy resistance, with early reports suggesting the CLA riflemen had run into foreign troops, which HUMINT sources stated parachuted onto Cuba the night of 4/5 February 1990.

The opposing forces, with CLA on the right and backers of the regime on the left. The CLA is comprised of British from Pendraken’s Falklands range, as well as an M-113 from their Vietnam range (with a Minifigs machine gunner), while the enemy is made up of Minifigs Warsaw Pact Special Operations troops.

The CLA force has Captain DeNostro’s Command Stand, seven rifle stands, a dismounted .50 cal HMG, an 81mm mortar, and an M-113 (from 5th Tank Battalion) with a .50 cal HMG. As the forces are equal in quality, the CLA element has only one Command Stand (vice the usual two). The regime force has a Command Stand, five rifle stands, and an 82mm mortar in support.

Overview of map, north is up, on the north side of Havana. The CLA entered at left (west), while the enemy force is at right (east).

Captain DeNostro leads the M-113 forward as an enemy rifle team fires an RPG at them. To see the whole fight, please check the blog at:
    http://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2015/08/cuba-libre-liberation-batrep-30.html

Two more fights to go in the War of Liberation!

V/R,
    Jack

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Just Jack:

Thank you Jack for now making it 7 Cuba Libres that I have to catch up on reading. I should get some time on Sunday to  catch up a bit. 

Cheers until then.

Rod Robertson

kyoteblue
    Participant

Oh Noes the Commies won again….LOL Capt Hugo Chavez !!!!

Just Jack
    Participant

Oh, hurry up Rod, you’ve had thirty batreps in three months, please do keep up 😉

John – I thought introducing old Hugo was pretty clever 😉

Now if you guys could round up Panda, Mr. Travers, and Irishserb, I’d appreciate it.  I’m gonna put all of them into my next campaign, and make sure they all get whacked!  It starts this weekend, and you’re gonna dig it!

V/R,
    Jack

kyoteblue
    Participant

Hummmmmm….Are we all going to get whacked ??? Or just those 3….

Just Jack
    Participant

Depends on how I’m feeling ;). Hell, it may not be up to me!

Next batrep coming tonight.

V/R,

Jack

kyoteblue
    Participant

I’ll look forward to it.

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Doh!

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Just Jack:

For the sake of clarity, you want us to round up those three lead-obsessed reprobates so that you can whack them, not us right? Otherwise, there is no incentive to round them up. Also as I am still mired in the literary quagmire of Cuba Libre, I can’t possibly be available to be whacked just now. And finally think of poor Kyoteblue. He’s just been sprung from a five-day stay in the TMZ hoosegow and has definitively proved that not orange but blue is the new black. He has only just re-tasted the sweet nectar of liberty and now you want to whack him too? You’re a cruel man Jack with a heart almost as black as that Neolithic, knuckle-dragging, diminutive, throwback from Ireland’s green and lush interior known as the War Panda! (That ought to  perk up his little leprechaun-ears and get him oot’n aboot!) Now, whacking the panda is a service to humanity and civilization! That is time and effort well spent! But why Irishserb (a fellow Marine) and Shaun Travers? They are fine fellows and warrant no whacking save their love of this hobby, and we’re all guilty of that, yourself included.

Have some empathy, Jack and spread the love, dude. Like, stop with the negative waves, man! You’re like harshing our mellow and like being a major downer, man. All I am saying is give peace a chance and like focus your negativity on the panda-man, dude. What you really need is a Panda-Pinata to beat the frustration you are feeling out of you

Cheers and like, good gaming, dudes.

Rod Robertson

• This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by Rod Robertson.
    Just Jack
    Participant

Rod,

1) Because of all your whining, I’ve made up my mind: you’re all getting whacked 😉

2) In the time you spent writing all of this, you could have read a batrep or two.

3) A Panda-Pinata sounds fantastic!

V/R,
    Jack

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Alright Just Jack, so war it is and who knows, we may find a way to whack you first! Watch your back, Jack! It’s time for the Jack-I’ll-bite Wars; so let’s get together Kyoteblue, Irishserb Shaun Travers and yes, even the War Panda and hang Bonnie Prince Tommy from on high, before he gets us. It’s the right thing to do!

“And Caesar’s spirit, ranging for revenge, With Ate by his side come hot from hell, Shall in these confines with a monarch’s voice, Cry “Havoc!” and let slip the dogs of war, That this foul deed shall smell above the earth, With carrion men, groaning for burial.”

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson

kyoteblue
    Participant

Snort…….

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Just Jack:

A very good and bitter-sweet report, very engaging and I too thought it would be a walk-over by the CLA. Yes, I did wonder about shoving the M113 down the paratroopers throats but your preemptive explanation coupled with the perception that they were fighting demoralized Regime forces and not motivated Venezuelan professionals made the choice understandable. The proximity of an armed AFV could have demoralized enemy and triggered their surrender.

On a side note, I got some flak for my last Cuba Libre posting marathon so I will read 31 and the finale today but post on them later, in order to not obliterate the list of current posts.

Viva Chavez! That man will go far one day … If you don’t kill him in Cuba!

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.