Home Forums Modern Cuba Libre – Liberation Batrep 7

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Just Jack
    Participant

All,

It’s 0630 on 1 Feb 1990, and 2nd Marine Company, 6th Infantry Battalion, has just come ashore at the Bay of Pigs landing site (7). The Marines debarked their Amphibious Assault Vehicles, which turned around to go pick up the second wave, then began moving east along the beach. The Marines had met no resistance during the landing (as expected), but when they began fanning out to the east they ran into elements of the 81st Infantry Company, 4th Infantry Battalion, who, as pure dumb luck would have it, were on maneuvers in the area, away from their base at Cienfuegos.

So far we’ve had:
    1) B Squadron SOF destroyed a radar site in support of amphibious landings at Playa Colorada (5). B Sqdn then egressed and linked up with CLA rotary wing assets for their follow-on mission in Havana (6).
    2) C Squadron SOF destroyed a the Cuban military’s communications center.
    3) 1st Para Battalion dropped in and seized a bridge to screen the landings at Playa Colorada (5).
    4) 2nd Para battalion dropped in and eliminated a Castro-regime garrison to screen the landings at the Bay of Pigs (just west of (4).
    5) 1st Marine Company, 3rd Infantry Battalion, made an amphibious assault at Playa Colorada.
    6) A Squadron SOF attacked a Castro-regime SAM site near Havana, which failed to clear the way for B Squadron’s helo assault into Havana.
    7) 2nd Marine Company, 6th Infantry Battalion, landed at the Bay of Pigs then turned east and ran into a strong enemy force.

The opposing forces, with Castro-regime troops on the left and CLA on the right. The Marines have a rather small, but highly proficient force, but are significantly outnumbered in men and heavy weapons. The CLA force has a Command Stand, five Marine rifle teams, a light machine gun, and a single-figure stand representing Colonel Ricardo Colvasquez, Commanding Officer, 6th Infantry Battalion. The enemy force has a Command Stand, seven rifle stands, a medium machine gun, and an 82mm mortar.

Overview of the map, north is up, Marines are on the left (west), coming from their landing site, while the enemy is on the right (east), moving to check out the commotion, unaware (due to C Squadron SOF knocking out the comm center) of the invasion. In the north is Hill 47.

Fighting is intense on the highway and beach, but the real bloodletting occurs on Hill 47. I am happy to report the CLA is back to its winning ways due to the strength of CLA Marine combat leadership.

To see what happened, please check the blog at:
    http://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2015/06/cuba-libre-liberation-batrep-7.html

Another great fight, two more to post, so stay tuned.

V/R,
    Jack

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Just Jack:

Another great battle and report. The struggle for Pila de la Alfombras (Hill 47) was exciting and could have been potentially disastrous for the CLA had the dice not favored them.

Cheers and keep up the great reports.

Rod Robertson.

kyoteblue
    Participant

Well done Marines !!! But why do the bad guys always get a mortar ????

War Panda
    Participant

As always a great report Jack…the map and back ground info are nice touches for the likes of me who know so little about the war there

“The great Gaels of Ireland are the men that God made mad,
    For all their wars are merry, and all their songs are sad.”

Rod Robertson
    Participant

War Panda:

Jack’s campaign is a made up imagination campaign and this war never happened, so you know as much as the rest of us! Now what’s this I hear about you playing with coloured blocks and trying to convince people you’re doing Napoleonics? Shameful!

Cheers and good real, miniature gaming.

Rod Robertson.

War Panda
    Participant

Now what’s this I hear about you playing with coloured blocks and trying to convince people you’re doing Napoleonics?

No it’s going really good…this is a photo of yesterdays game featuring Wellington’s forces

Jack’s campaign is a made up imagination campaign and this war never happened, so you know as much as the rest of us!

US didn’t invade Cuba in 1990?

Well of course they didn’t…I realized straight away when I read the  ridiculous name for the invasion point, “Bay of Pigs” ….LoL ..like .Jack come on…you can do better than that!

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Hee-hee-hee!

kyoteblue
    Participant

Marine Pigs ????

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Ampigious Assault!

kyoteblue
    Participant

Snort.

Just Jack
    Participant

You guys are killing me.

Panda – I have some questions regarding C&C Naps, but it will be a long post and I’m stuck on my phone (didn’t bring my laptop and I’m on travel), so it’ll have to wait. But I’ve been salivating over them online.

Jack

War Panda
    Participant

Looking forward to it Jack…

Sorry for posting this here but….

….my niece is bringing her friends over on Friday evening and they’re all mad to play Descent with uncle panda 😮

Would there be interest in posting something or are you all too mature for such trivialities 🙂

Rod Robertson
    Participant

So the despicable, deranged, and dastardly Dark Over-lord Wehrpanda Graf Von Erinlande is going to terrorize the neighbour kids and then report upon it on the web.  That’s a sound plan!

kyoteblue
    Participant

What kind of game is Descent ????

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Kyoteblue:

A sort of D&D and board game hybrid if it is the board game, and if it’s the video game, hellifIknow!

Cheers.

Rod Robertson.

kyoteblue
    Participant

OK that almost clears it up.

War Panda
    Participant

LoL…I’ll post pics when I’ve it set up so Blue will know what its about. It’s not a video game…its the co op version of Descent 2 …it’s actually cool to play (I’m always the OverLord though…I know:  like me being evil and mean and nasty…against my good nature but its true) These are all in their early twenties BTW so I have an ambulance on standby 🙂

This is not my setup: Funnily enough our ceiling/wall/floor/table are not all matching pale blue and of course my minis are painted to the highest standards…well…

Apologies Jack thank you for allowing me to borrow this thread for a moment 🙂

BTW Jack this is something the kids can play…my 8 year does great in it

kyoteblue
    Participant

Ah a 3-D board game.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.