Home Forums Sci Fi General Sci-Fi Death Guard

• This topic has 17 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Mike.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Steven Francis
    Participant

Little project I started about 4 years ago…picked up some issues of the first 40k part works and finally getting them painted. The aim is to put together something using the second edition 40k rules…. Still have 5 cultists to paint, plan on adding some flayed ones as chaos androids, and would like more plague marines to make a better sized squad…. Do not suppose anyone has any spare?

Close up of Lord and Magus..

ian pillay
    Participant

Sorry I have no spares but they are cracking paint jobs!

Tally-Ho!

deephorse
    Participant

Yes, they look good.

Play is what makes life bearable - Michael Rosen

Andrew Beasley
    Participant

Steven,

had a hunt and I can send these if that’s OK?

I may have a PoxWalker or two as well – let me have your address and if you want the pox guys by PM.

Thomaston
    Participant

Those are nicely painted or maybe horridly painted.

From the look of the sprues I get the impression GW minis are less poseable now compared to years back with modular parts, is this true?

Tired is enough.
    I like tiny miniatures

Andrew Beasley
    Participant

Those are nicely painted or maybe horridly painted. From the look of the sprues I get the impression GW minis are less poseable now compared to years back with modular parts, is this true?

A lot of the new models are of the ‘push to fit’ type and a real pain to hack around to even make simple pose changes. It does give you lots of duplicate poses in anything larger than kill teams and that’s a great shame.

Other than characters I think all new figures are these mono-pose ones – I assume this is to simplify builds for newcomers as the new rules are out to tempt newbies but for old hands it’s a pain. Maybe GW see longer term players not buying new figures but hunt eBay to find matches to their original figures.

Steven Francis
    Participant

Actually most of the modern figures are still multiple parts but they do seem to do a good number of push fit. The Death Guard were part of the starter set with the new Primaris Marines but both have had multi part kits released for main units. The gap for me is character models which are monopose and they are only really now adding in extra parts like alternative weapons or heads.

The monopose is generally around then board game items like Warhammer Underworlds, and Warcry but I know my Nighthaunt army is almost totally monopose except for the knights. I am good with this for ghosts, but glad they are now putting out upgrade sprues for kill teams so my Tau can finally get an update when I get around to redoing them in the new year.

If you want multipart…space marines still have it in droves

Andrew Beasley
    Participant

Super strange – I’ve just been through my box of bits again and everything bar from one figure is mono-pose but checking on the GW site it looks like I’ve picked up these rather than the ones that can be hacked about!

Going over Jakes Tau, they can be changed (I’m been magnetising one of the stealth suits when the mind works) and the odd few Orcs at the back of the cupboard are fine but the Genestealers and Death Guard are not and they are all the newer models.

TBH on-going I’ve been looking at Anvil Industries humans as they are a great mix and match but have way too many unpainted to ask for a set from Santa!!!

Steven Francis
    Participant

Know that feeling…I have some 3d print chaos warriors on my list and some 10mm buildings but still have so much in my pile of shame and only get to game every few months.

I think with GW you need to be extra picky as the monopose does end up being over gribbled some times but I did love the Warcry gang I painted and still tempted by some necromunda enforcers..

Steven Francis
    Participant

Well the fine gift, if any thing nugle can be called fine, from Andrew arrived and I got around to just converting one…well that was the plan…

Managed to make all of them different from the ones I have already, and even took the plasma gun from the back of one to arm another. Mostly just arm swaps but feel pleased that the mono pose still gives some variation with just a few spares. If I bothered to by the standard squad box I could have done a lot more but pleased. Still have one left to do something with…

Andrew Beasley
    Participant

Very nice (? Well you know what I mean).

ian pillay
    Participant

Excellent conversions, Father Nurgle would be proud…

Tally-Ho!

Steven Francis
    Participant

Thanks, I am definitely getting my soul turned to the darkness though I am going to keep the project small…ish…

Oh look Skittari on Warhammer Imperium in January…I am sure I need them…

Steven Francis
    Participant

So somehow I have managed to actually spend less than a year to get paint on them and while there is a little more dirt and detail to do I am really pleased with them.

Darkest Star Games
    Participant

And grand they are.  Excellent job so far.

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Steven Francis
    Participant

Just doing the pre Christmas tidy of the office/geek room and thought I would take a picture of the conversion next to the original. Realised that the greens are not consistent but I will put it down to the effects of Chaos.

Steven Francis
    Participant

And for some reason it is not letting me upload pictures today….

Mike
    Keymaster

Could be the image is too large.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.