Home Forums General General Decorating the Wargaming Room

• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by MikeMike.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    KitfoxKitfox
    Participant

I’m very luck in that I have a (semi) dedicated space to use for gaming.  I’m finally looking forward to getting it properly decorated and updated a little so I can feel properly settled in after staring at stark white walls for a couple of years (especially as my painting desk is currently a work desk instead for now).  It’s big enough to fit a 4′ x 8′ table and plenty of cabinet space for painted figures and have some space left over for board games.  The main trade-off being that for the most part it doubles as a dining room for an hour a day (unless I have something set up that is).

Anyway, thought you might like to see the before and after (when it’s done) along with my current collection of painted figures.

Any suggestions or ideas (I don’t really go for the military photos / memorabilia as I’m mostly a fantasy / sci-fi gamer these days.).

Death to all fanatics!

Angel BarracksAngel Barracks

Woah!
    I have a teeny room for TWW and Crom’s Anvil.
    🙁

Oddly this just arrived today from Amazon to make it feel more fantasy:

I also have some other bits:

Etsy is a good source for fantasy stuff.

I find that this and all my other bits and bobs help with immersion in the feels.

😀

Darkest Star GamesDarkest Star Games
    Participant

Wow, Kitfox, all of that AND a fireplace?  Makes for a cozy space, very nice.

And Mike, I dig that trunk, a very nice piece.

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

ian pillayian pillay
    Participant

Wowsers that’s amazing!
    love the Kraken bottle, you tried Old Monk from India, beautiful rum.

Tally-Ho!

KitfoxKitfox
    Participant

Looks good Mike,

lots of cool on display, I’d go for Appleton Estate rum, although Kraken’s always good if a wee bit sweet.

So far the fireplace has gone (it was a fake anyway and much less impressive in person) and the skirtings are coming off, found some lovely wooden panelling under the window so that’s a bonus!

Pics to come when the builder’s away.

Cheers

Kitfox

Death to all fanatics!

KitfoxKitfox
    Participant

Some progress shots.  Next up some light plastering and then the serious business of painting the walls.  It may not look like much of a change so far but the absence of the old fireplace really changes the feel of the room for the better.  The tables 6′ by not quite 4′ (but extends to nearly 8′) so plenty of space for epic battling!

Death to all fanatics!

MikeMike
    Keymaster

Cool posters!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.