Home Forums Ambush Alley Games Tomorrow’s War Dhargaur "Taken"

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

In reading the description of the Taken in By Dagger or Talon and looking at the Dhargaur artwork, I was struck by the thought of Dhargaur procreation.
    I may have missed a great deal in the Dhargaur description, but they appear to be entirely encased in a bio-organic or techno-organic carapace, making procreation somewhat problematic.
    The Taken, are particularly adept at understanding Dhargaur mental transmissions, they can exert some psychic influence over other slaves, they gradually become disconnected from other slaves, spending more and more time amongst Dhargaur, and eventually are never seen again as they are taken into the Dhargaur clan-ships.
    I think that when a Taken vanishes into one of these ships, he/she/it undergoes a some sort of ritual transformation into a Dhargaur, one in which he/she/it is permanently encased in it’s very own Dhargaur carapace.
    The Dhargaur do not procreate, they selectively assimilate from amongst their slave soldiers.
    The Dhargaur are not a species.
    The Dhargaur are a military force. They conquer in order to find and enslave worthy species from which they recruit a select few (the Taken).
    I think of them as a bio-organic/techno-organic version of the Borg.

Participant

Mysterious critters, the Darg. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Shawn Carpenter
    [email protected]
    www.ambushalleygames.net

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.