Home Forums General General Differences in size between 28mm vs 32mm?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I’m more interested in GW’s minis, to narrow down variables. How significant are the size differences? I’ve seen Space Marines old and new next to each other but they’re soo in human its difficult to relate to non-armored miniatures. I’ve seen a few pics of what was labled as GW 28mm vs another company’s 32mm and they were the same height.

I’m really liking some of GW head sculpts and wondered if they needed the move to 32mm to achieve that or was it already possible in 28mm.

Participant

As an engineer – 4mm

As a wargamer – feck knows

Obvious contrarian and passive aggressive old prat, who is taken far too seriously by some and not seriously enough by others.

Keymaster

Yeah not sure sorry, I did measure a new SM the other day.
    40mm tall.

Participant

The Space Marines are not a good choice to look at as the newer ‘Primaris’ set are much larger – the rumour was a profit / copyright mix drove this change.

The latest release of the human heads as part of the Cadian Upgrade sprue shows that they can get fine details on the smaller models – see the pics on spruesandbrews

TBH – I’ve not really seen any extra details on the larger models e.g. the Tau (T’au now for copyright) faces have clear eyes / nasal slots and have been around years.

Those new IG heads looks pretty good.
    It sucks they’re making so many changes for copyrights. I suspect all the hundred of weird names are for the same reason. Browsing through their store feels like they’re writing an entire dictinary.

Taus have larger models now?

Participant

Sorry, I was not very clear

I meant to say the new larger models have no more detail than the T’au have.

As for larger T’au, the suits went potty e.g. the KX139 Ta’unar overhung its 16cm base:

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.