Home Forums Terrain and Scenery Do you add your plaster to water, or do you add water to your plaster?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Which one you choose can make all the difference:

Dan
    Loads of WIPs: https://www.flickr.com/photos/9593487@N07/albums/with/72157710630529376

Participant

Always add plaster to water is what the books and manufacturers tell you and I’ve certainly found that works for me.

The only time I mix water into plaster is when I use it as a filler – in small quantities I can judge when it is about right better than adding plaster to a fixed amount of water.

Don’t use Plaster of Paris a lot but other types of plaster work the same way.

Participant

I use so little I buy ready mixed.

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Participant

You can’t ‘ready mix’ plaster of paris. I only use that method for filling plaster gaps, it is useless as a general filler.

Participant

Normally add water to the plaster (Hydrocal is my preferred powder though) and then add powder / water as needed.

I cannot remember the last time I mixed more than half a small mugs worth though…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.