Home Forums Air and Sea Air Dockfighters: The Ale Wars

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

I just discovered this. Alternate history and very similar to Crimson Skies. Anyone else heard or played this?

Participant

I was gifted with a prototype copy and am currently painting my miniatures! It looks to be a really fun game, and I mean anything that has zeppelins in it has me at “hello.”

Participant

The game definitely wins for having so much cool stuff included!

Lucky you.
    When you get around to plaing it can you post a review of how it plays? All I see on youtube are people pretty much reading through the rules but no actual play.
    There’s a solo rules too?

Keymaster

Oooh airships are cool.

Participant

Heh, comics finally paid off. A prospective comic I worked up a few years ago included airships that bore a passing resemblance to their “Saxon” airships, and they happened to come upon my work. They said they’d send me a few preview miniatures, but what arrived was a full prototype game!

The minis are waiting for a dry enough evening for a second coat of primer, then I’m painting them up.

Participant

Further down on the Kickstarter-Page, right after the stretch-goals there are plenty videos and some of them are actually Gameplay-Videos, flown missions and even the Solo-Mode against the bot “Konrad”. The videos are available in English, German and French.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/3dartlab/dockfighters-the-ale-wars

Also there will be a Late-Pledge, when the Pledge-Manager opens (probably in July). So if the videos could convince you, you could get your hands on the game even if you missed the Kickstarter.

There is also a discord-server that you can join and also a module in development for the “Tabletop Simulator”, so you can check out the game even before the game is delivered.

I hope I was able to help you and maybe we will “see” us for a Online-Game of Dockfigthers in the near future.

Greetings from Germany,

mortimer/Johannes

Participant

Interesting.

Participant

This really does look cool, and I really like the flight stands.  I appears to be boardgamey and tabletop enough to bring in players of both types of games.  I hope it goes well!

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.