Home Forums General Films and TV Doctor Who… Crimbo Special.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Oh dear, bit dire wasn’t it?

If that’s the best tale the Beeb writers can come up with in a ‘special’ involving the Daleks, it’s time to give up. When that tin can thingy came waddling out of it’s lair we all burst out laughing, it looked like summat we used to draw in our skoolbooks, back in the sixties.
    I’d not watched an episode of the new series till this ‘special’, how come the Tardis has more immigrants floating about in it than the English Channel? And why the references by young men to their ‘boyfriends’, it’s Doctor Who, not bleedin’ ‘Supermarket Sweep’!
    Thankfully, I dug out ‘Genesis of the Daleks’ just to remind us what Doctor Who and the Daleks should be about!!!

"Wot did you do in the war Grandad?"

"I was with Harry... At The Bridge!"

Participant

I disagree, the story was clever, the idea thoughtful and the execution well done. As for the immigrant complaint, maybe you should look at your views more closely.

Keymaster

Homophobic and xenophobic views are not welcome on TWW.

I always kind of thought the first two Doctors, Eccleston and Tennant had an edge to them when they had to be a war Doctor, properly dark and scary like the show that put my generation behind the settee! There was a line in the first series when the Doctor and Rose are in some nutter’s Alien Tech museum. She looks at a Cyberman’s melon stuck in a glass case and asks the Doctor…

“What’s that?”

He replies…

“The stuff of nightmares!”

For us… it was!

These days the pc brigade have turned the series into a farce… in my ‘umble opinion.

"Wot did you do in the war Grandad?"

"I was with Harry... At The Bridge!"

Participant

Homophobic and xenophobic views are not welcome on TWW.

seconded!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Doctor Who… Crimbo Special.’ is closed to new replies.