Home Forums Sci Fi General Sci-Fi Dropzone Commander for £2

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    cmnash
    Participant

I was browsing the interweb the other day, when I happened to see that TTCombat are selling the Dropzone Commander rulebook for £2 post-free, so I thought I’d post here in case anyone else was interested

https://ttcombat.com/collections/dropzone-commander/products/dropzone-commander-core-rulebook-1-1-edition

I spent the £2 and now, having read the book, I find that I like the rules.  However, I don’t really like the price of the miniatures, so was thinking of using 6mm mini’s for it …

Anyway, even if I didn’t like the rules, IMO the setting/fluff is worth £2.  I’m probably going to try and meld it with the Tuffleyverse – if this project ever gets off the ground that is …

Logain
    Participant

I had a similar thought, but in 3mm!

hammurabi70
    Participant

Very interesting; I am looking for an entry into sci-fi.  Looks great value for £2.  Can you compare it Alien Squad Leader?

cmnash
    Participant

I had a similar thought, but in 3mm!

If I didn’t already have a bunch of 6mm (& bought some more in Brigade’s christmas sale) I would’ve gone for 3mm too

Very interesting; I am looking for an entry into sci-fi. Looks great value for £2. Can you compare it Alien Squad Leader?

Although I’ve got Alien Squad Leader, I’ve not read it and as it’s now in a box somewhere (as I’m about to move), I can’t – sorry.

greg954
    Participant

Thanks for that. I got mine a few days ago, haven’t looked at it properly yet. Plus I haven’t got any rules for my adapted RDF Airborne units. Which is a mix of CP Pathfinders and DZC dropships. So that book at 2 quid is a steal and I should be able to cherry pick some dropship rules out of it.

Thuseld
    Participant

Thanks for the tip. I look forward to yet another reason to branch into airborne miniatures.

Mike Headden
    Participant

Discovering there was no postage to pay I opted to push the boat out and pay four quid for the Special Edition – basically just a hardback version of the standard one.

Nice solid book full of inspirational pictures and a mass of rules and background that I will pillage for my own home grown rules.

Since I don’t expect to play the rules – nice though they are the 10mm Dropzone figures are pricey and I have masses of 6mm already – the fact that this appears to be clearing the decks for a 2nd Edition is of no matter to me.

Well worth the price IMHO.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is entirely optional!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.