Home Forums Sci Fi General Sci-Fi Dudes for my 28mm Sci-fi project

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    6mmwargaming
    Participant

I have a separate thread in the terrain section for some 28mm Sci-fi scenery made mostly from household junk and other 3D bits etc. I thought I’d start a thread here for the figures I have been painting for that project.

Junk build scifi skirmish scenery for Stargrave, Planet 28 and others

The figures will be used for Planet 28, Stargrave, Mutants and Death Ray guns and Rogue stars.

These are a couple of aliens I painted recently. They are Zykhee scouts from VOR but I intend to use them as NPCs in games. I think they are cool figures and the crouching guy is a great pose.

They’ll also double as Falleen from Star Wars for that project and I painted them in vaguely Falleen colours.

Andrew Beasley
    Participant

Never seen those figures before – VOR never showed its head in this shops I looked in but I’m glad in a way as the lead pile would have grown if these are examples!!!

The flesh tone and eye colour work well – all in all a great couple of figures and I’m looking forward to your next posts.

6mmwargaming
    Participant

Nor have I, they were a random purchase for our local ebay equivalent. Great figures and hopefully I can get more of them.

Andrew Beasley
    Participant

Looks like Iron Winds have the Maelstrom range now but not cheap $6+ each.

I know these folk have an extra joint but this just looks odd!

6mmwargaming
    Participant

Here is another figure I finished earlier, its a Reaper minis Argamite Explorer. Its a cute little figure who will serve as part of my Stargrave crew (after I paint the rest)

6mmwargaming
    Participant

Although I’ve wanted to focus on 1-2 sets of rules, I did pick up these and joined their Discord server.

There’s some nice ideas and the mechanics look great, and they are a toolkit for building your own scenarios and campaigns. At 16 pages they will be great for quick skirmish games.

6mmwargaming
    Participant

I’ve been working on a few figures for some Mutants and Death Ray Guns (by Ganesha Games) warbands, and I’ll be adding an Android and robots for a multiplayer game I’m planning.

The Android is a simple conversion with a CP Models Alien federation figure with one of their Breather helmet heads and WA Eisenkern Stormtrooper arms.

Robot
    This is an old landraider conversion with extra bits and a robot torso/head from an unknown manufacturer and a Eisenkern Stormtrooper backpack on the front. I saw a similar conversion previously but I couldn’t find it. I like the old school vibe of this robot.

Surveillance robot
    I raided my bits box for this. The body is a Mantic Veer-myn, the arms from an Eldar Wraithlord, the camera is a Dungeons and Lasers scifi bit and there’s a few Tau bits mixed in. Its an awkward looking robot but I think it works well. I was planning to add some arms or weapons but nothing works well, so I’ll leave it as strange looking robot!

Jim Webster
    Participant

I think the camera droid works really well. ‘Look, don’t touch’.

https://jimssfnovelsandwargamerules.wordpress.com/

willz
    Participant

Very cool looking stuff.

Thaddeus Blanchette
    Participant

Very cool camera droid! In a game like Stargrave, you could have it represent media presence and give your players notoriety points if they do something particularly cool and it gets filmed.

We get slapped around, but we have a good time!

Mike Headden
    Participant

These are great!

Love the camera droid.

“Citizen, your actions are being recorded and reviewed by the Star Marshals! Cease and Desist Imediat ….. bzzzt …. <crackle> … Unit requires assistance! Unit requires assistance!” 🙂

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

6mmwargaming
    Participant

Thanks for the comments

Very cool camera droid! In a game like Stargrave, you could have it represent media presence and give your players notoriety points if they do something particularly cool and it gets filmed.

Good to know as i have those rules, but I haven’t played them yet.

6mmwargaming
    Participant

I’m working on a new faction for a 6 player game I’m hosting soon. These are Avian figures by CP models. Quite simple sculpts but with lots of character and who doesn’t like Chicken! These will be one of the factions called the Poultry Liberation front.

I also got the Avian Ambassador figures.

6mmwargaming
    Participant

Here’s my painted Avians by CP Models, or Sci-fi chickens as I like to call them!

They are cool figures and pretty easy to paint. I wouldn’t have minded some different weapons but they make a great sci-fi warband.

Darkest Star Games
    Participant

Nicely done. I can just imagine them bursting into a fast food joint and shouting “Ok, who ordered the Space Nuggets?!?!”

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.