Home Forums Sci Fi General Sci-Fi Dune-Inspired Miniatures

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Bandit
    Participant

Hello!

I’m on the lookout for Dune-inspired miniatures. Anyone already hunted for these and find some various stuff that fits the bill?

As far as scale goes I’d prefer 15mm but 10mm or even 6mm would be possible (as there are some really nice sci-fi buildings available for 6mm…).

Cheers,

The Bandit

Earther
    Participant

Small 15mm Dune-inspired range (Spice Range) from MJ Figures: LINK

They look to be a very similar style to 15mm.co.uk’s Laserburn range. 

Small 20mm (yes, 20mm!) Dune-inspired range (Sand Wars), also from MJ Figures: LINK  And they do worms! Shai Hulud!!

Plus 20mm Sand Wars vehicles and buildings: LINK

Use the drop down menus from Product Ranges, then 15 or 20mm, to see them all. It’s a slightly odd set up.

Earther
    Participant

MJ also do the Dark Alleys, Dark Corners 20mm range – LINK – I use the Vampire Guard armoured troops as Sardaukar.

And Elhiem do some 20mm sci-fi figures that would mix in well – LINK

And RH Models/Liberation do some sci-fi 20mm too that might work – RH Forum SF Section – RH’s Yola Site (scroll to bottom) – RH Models Site

• This reply was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by Earther.
    Mr. Average
    Participant

Rebel Minis have always struck me as having a kind of “Dune” vibe to them. The Titan Marines would be great Sardaukar, and they have some neo-Arab units that, seem to have been designed to serve as gunned up Fremen. The GZG line would be good for House troops – the Kepi-clad FSE troopers would be superb as Atreides troops. And Antenocitis Workshop used to do some very interesting grav vehicles that would suit as Dune-ish suspensor tanks, but I haven’t checked what they’re keeping cast these days – if memory serves they cleared out a lot of their moulds and nixed a bunch of lines about two years ago.”

Oh, and Khurasan, if they ever come back online, has a line of semi-armored heavy troops that would be superb Harkonnens. I forget the name of the line but they’re a go-to “human bad guy” set shown with white head-and-shoulders helmets.

Earther
    Participant

Are you thinking of the Control Battalion, Mr Average?

Mr. Average
    Participant

Yes, that’s it. Thank you!

Alvin Molethrottler
    Participant

Elements of the Power Spike range were heavily influenced by Dune (I know this as I am the former owner/operator of Kremlin Miniatures and sent out the design briefs for the models). Check out the ornithopter, Commander Votan (Guild operative) and the Cyberian Death Commandos (Imperial/Harkonnen troopers). The range is now carried by Mick Yarrow Miniatures.

http://www.spanglefish.com/mickyarrowminiatures/index.asp?pageid=567018

Alvin Molethrottler
    Participant

Also, Irregular Miniatures do Dust(sand)worms (I made the masters). You’ll find them in the 6mm Sci Fi listings, the big one is 26cm long!

http://www.irregularminiatures.co.uk/

I would also like to point out that MJs sandworm is actually a Graboid from the Tremors movie series.

Alvin Molethrottler
    Participant
    Alvin Molethrottler
    Participant

If you do go with 6mm then here is a link to a papercraft Spice Harvester. I’ve printed it out, but it’s a complex build so haven’t yet constructed one.

http://the4ce.deviantart.com/art/Spice-Harvester-Papercraft-178145698

Mr. Average
    Participant

One could (and should) also add any or all of the Ion Age opus to the list. I’ve always felt that the Shia Khan would make great Tleilaxu or Guild troopers, but for the fact that neither the Bene Tleilax nor the Guild fight wars that way. Any of the human troops would be sweet Imperial, or perhaps Corrino house troops. And the vehicles on all sides are decidedly Dune-y.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.