Home Forums Terrain and Scenery Eastern European Bridge (6mm)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Mike Harrop
    Participant

As I expanded my terrain collection I found that I was in need of a bridge to cross my river, I’ve tried to go with a generic wooden look suited to rural Eastern Europe, it’s a little wide so it will accommodate my figure basing.

Scale shot with a Opel Blitz Truck and PaK-38

It’s all scratch built except for the Telegraph pole which is from Perfect Six Scenics and the tree from a Chinese eBay seller.

C and C welcomed

Mike

"This lighthouse is under attack, and by morning we may all be dead!" The 4th Doctor - Horror of Fang Rock

Norm S
    Participant

That is very nicely modelled, you must have a lovely set-up.

I have stared at this piece for ages – really nice. What base material do you use for your river systems and how wide / long is a typical section. Did you have to deal with any warping problems? – thanks Norm.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by Norm S.
    Alexander Wasberg
    Participant

A very nice piece indeed. Am I correct in assuming the bridge is made up of matchsticks or maybe toothpicks?

moredakka
    Participant

Must say that’s a wonderful piece and I really like the way you’ve painted the water. Love to see a few pics of your terrain layout it must be quite striking,

Cheers

Paul
    Participant

Beautiful. Like everyone else, I would love to see the whole setup.

Those are brave men knocking at our door. Let's go kill them!

Mike Harrop
    Participant

Thanks for the kind words everyone.
    @Norm Smith – the rivers are made with 5mm thick MDF that came in the packaging of our new oven, a typical section can be between 30cm – 80cm long and 17cm wide without warping,
    @Alexander Wasberg – the bridge is 2 kebab skewers to span the river with toothpicks glued on top.

Ask and you shall receive, here’s a few pics I’ve taken of my current set up for a small skirmish game set in 1943 Russia, no river on these photos though.

An aerial view

Some other shots across the table.

Mike

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by Mike Harrop.

"This lighthouse is under attack, and by morning we may all be dead!" The 4th Doctor - Horror of Fang Rock

malc johnston
    Participant

Not a 6mm big fan but i can see the interest for others on that scale, i find the scale very neat and tidy and what you have done is a great job, love the bridge and the wonderful detail, you are a credit to the hobby.

Willyoupleasehelpmefixmykeyboard?Thespacebarisbroken!

Angel Barracks

Chinese eBay seller.

wee honest?

As a long time lover of 6mm I have to say that your post helps show off many of the great things about 6mm.

moredakka
    Participant

Wonderful looking layout, well done sir.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.