Home Forums General General eBay Global Shipping Problems

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello Chaps

Hoping this doesn’t break any forum rules, but have any of you had experience of ‘non delivery’ with eBay Global Shipping?

Last month, I sold some kit to a chap in New Zealand. He has just reported non delivery, although he confirms via the tracking that it passed through customs and has been marked delivered. EBay has notified me there is a hold on payment to me, although it’s already gone through to my account because the tracking says delivered!

Obviously, all the evidence to me (and eBay) points to delivery, and as it’s a local issue in New Zealand with DHL (if the customer is telling the truth) then what can I do other than accept the evidence? What happens now? Will eBay raid my bank account? With all the evidence pointing to delivery, I’m not going to voluntarily refund and claim on post insurance because all  I did was send to the GSC and clearly it arrived. For all I know, it is a scam.

Has anybody else out there had this issue and was it resolved? I’ve never had problems before posting to New Zealand.

Advice welcome!

More nonsense on my blog: http://battle77.blogspot.com/

Keymaster

Not with eBay but the one time I had non delivery I asked the customer if it was ok for the post office to have his details so they could contact him direct to confirm the lack of delivery and it ‘arrived the next day’.
    Sounds like a pickle though.

Participant

Although it seems to be a local issue and the package has at least reached New Zealand, in my limited experience, EBay always sides with the buyer and not the seller.

Its always a risk sending overseas, even with tracking, as there are so many more opportunities for something to go wrong.

My feeling is that you’ll end up the loser, but I’d fight it as far as possible with both Ebay and PayPal.

Participant

My understanding of the way eBay’s Global Shipping Program (GPS) works is that all the seller has to do is ensure delivery to the eBay shipping warehouse after that it’s down to eBay.  If you have proof of delivery to eBay you should be OK.  From eBay’s help pages:

How you’re protected
    With the Global Shipping Programme, you’re protected in the following ways:

[1] You qualify for automatic 5-star protection on postage and dispatch charge detailed seller ratings when you provide free domestic postage to the UK Shipping Centre
    [2] You qualify for automatic 5-star protection on delivery time detailed seller ratings when you post with same day or 1-day dispatch, upload tracking information within 1 working day of receiving cleared payment (or mark the item as shipped if you don’t use a tracked service), and the item is delivered to the UK Shipping Centre within 3 working days
    [3] Your buyers will be able to leave you feedback for transactions involving Global Shipping Programme items. However, eBay will remove neutral or negative feedback associated with Global Shipping Programme transactions in some circumstances:
    [4] You aren’t responsible for item loss or damage that occurs after the item reaches the UK Shipping Centre. Once an item has been forwarded by the UK Shipping Centre, you won’t be responsible for refunding the buyer if an eBay Money Back Guarantee or PayPal Buyer Protection case is filed against you for one of the following reasons:
    A buyer claims an item isn’t received or a package is damaged in transit

Source:  https://is.gd/C2mji

Re-reading your OP it’s not actually clear whether you used the GPS or shipped direct in which case you are “on the hook”.

Participant

I never signed up to Ebay global shipping program as it took the control of delivery out of my hands, some buyers who bought off me were signed up for it and complained it took longer via ebay’s global shipping programme that items posted via the Post Office.  As a by-line ebay is is forcing everyone to have managed payments which means payments are paid directly into your bank account but they take up to 4 days to pay into the account.  Too complicated for me so I will be moving my sales to Ebid or Etsy.

Has anyone used Ebid or Etsy for selling wargame items.

Participant

Chaps

Thank you for the very prompt and reassuring advice!

I did use the GSP and have proof of post with a tracking number, so fingers crossed I’m in the clear.

I think in future it’s UK sales only…

PS Mike – I had the same from a UK buyer who miraculously had a delivery just after showed him the delivery confirmation…

Participant

Quick update….

The buyer is genuine and does not hold me responsible. His complaint is against the courier in NZ and it seems I have been caught in the crossfire of eBay procedure. He has all my UK tracking info, but as eBay has already registered and tracked it on the GSP it should put me on the clear.

Looking at the community emails this does not seem to be uncommon, but so long as tracking shows delivery to Lichfield eBay leaves you alone. But it’s not a particularly pleasant experience.

UK only from now on! Or as Willz says, start looking at Etsy….

Thanks again!

Participant

Before diving into Etsy you want to research their dispute resolution procedures, although as noted above, eBay is notorious for siding with the buyer on most occasions. That GSP seems to give pretty good protection though.

"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" - Helmuth von Moltke

Participant

Looks like the mystery has been solved. The buyer obtained CCTV footage from his building which showed the driver just dumping the parcel by the door and a woman stealing it an hour later. Police are now involved, DHL have sacked the driver and have coughed to being at fault. Now I just have to wait for eBay to grind through their process.

So probably a sad end to my nicely painted Elheim and Britannia BAOR: dumped in a bin when the thief finds its not a Gucci handbag.

It might be worthwhile keeping an eye out for them to appear for sale somewhere.

On ebay, for example.

Participant

So probably a sad end to my nicely painted Elheim and Britannia BAOR: dumped in a bin when the thief finds its not a Gucci handbag.

Yes that is a bummer Jeffers, all that hard work and love just for some toe rag to bin them, still they are probably in wargame heaven.

Participant

I stopped selling abroad on ebay at the start of this year as it would cost an international buyer more money to receive an item bought off me and I thought it was unfair and each sale would be different prices?  Too complicated and to much work.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.