Home Forums Renaissance ECW Small Battles: Rules Recommendations

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Steve Burt Steve Burt 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Whirlwind
    Whirlwind
    Participant

I have two good sets for larger ECW battles: Polemos ECW and Twilight of Divine Right (plus Neil Thomas’ rules when I want something very simple).  I have a good set for small skirmishes: Once Upon a Time in the West Country.  But I don’t really have a set which covers battles like Mountsorrel or Stratton in the 1000-3000 per side bracket.  Actually, Polemos ECW will do a decent game for cavalry clashes that size but not foot clashes, but hopefully you take my meaning…

https://hereticalgaming.blogspot.co.uk/

Not Connard Sage
    Not Connard Sage
    Participant

Forlorn Hope, if it’s still in print.

"I go online sometimes, but everyone's spelling is really bad. It's... depressing."

Geof Downton
    Geof Downton
    Participant

I have a copy which I’m never going to use. Yours for the cost of a beer and postage! PM me if you are interested. I also have Peter Pig’s Regiment of Foote and Warhammer ECW, also not required, as I found the fighting of the ECW less engaging than the politics!

One who puts on his armour should not boast like one who takes it off.
    Ahab, King of Israel; 1 Kings 20:11

Peter Berry
    Participant

File Leader!   Units are companies and troops which is perfect for the average sized ECW action.

Steve Burt
    Steve Burt
    Participant

Field of Glory: Renaissance would work well for that size of battle

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.