Home Forums Modern Elhiem 20mm West Germans

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Just Jack
    Participant

All,

No games this weekend, but I’m back home safe and sound from Ohio, figured I’d post some guys I painted up last weekend. Ivan and Panda need to actually read the post ๐Ÿ˜‰

Next up on the 20mm carousel is some Elhiem West German troops, and, as a bonus, a Revell plastic 1/72 scale Fox vehicle (“Fuchs”). Let me just get this out of the way: I’m not a modeller. I’m not good at it, I don’t like it, and I don’t have the patience for it. And I keep hearing how 20mm is so attractive because you can pick up stuff in plastic for cheap, but that was not the case here. In any case, I got it, I put it together, and it works. Why the Fox vehicle? Well, it’s all my local hobby shop had in 1/72 that would work; I wanted an armored vehicle that was fairly generic (in order to be whatever I wanted it to be), and this fits the bill.

Regarding the figures, once again I don’t really have a use for modern (or, in this case, Cold War) German troops for wargaming. But I really liked the troops, and I wanted something that looked like this to be used in my Balkans campaign, to play the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia troops, and these guys are perfect.

The whole group. To see a bunch more pics, as well as better pics of a couple guys I’d done previously, please check the blog at:
    http://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2015/12/elhiem-20mm-west-germans.html

Sorry the campaign was delayed a week, but things should be back on track, more to come.

V/R,
    Jack

kyoteblue
    Participant

They look great, hope you are able to restart your campaign soon I need some AAR’s to read.

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Just Jack:
    It all looks good and what a delicious irony that you have Germans acing as stand-ins for Yugoslavian Federal Army troops. Despite your humility and protestations that you are not a modeller, you did a fine job on the TPz-1 Fuch. Glad to hear you’re back and safe from your travels and now you can get back to the real work โ€“ gaming!

Cheers and keep well.
    Rod Robertson

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.