Home Forums Alternate History Victorian Sci Fi Empire of the Dead – Getting Started

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

As a mainly historical player, I have dipped my toe into the weirdness of EotD, mostly to get my lad involved in gaming without giving GW any more money than I have too.

I’ve got enough figs painted now for the introductory scenario now and a couple of the box sets to have a crack at as well. Plenty of pics on’t blog.

It looks fun, whats the general feeling about EotD ?

Cheers, Ken

http://yarkshiregamer.blogspot.co.uk

Http://yarkshiregamer.blogspot.co.uk

Participant

Hi Ken

Beautifully painted minis on the blog, and I love the cobblestone bases.

Haven’t played EOTD yet, but I’m got just a few more miniatures to paint and I’ll be ready to run the introductory Jack the Ripper scenario (although I’m doing it in 18mm to fit in with my VSF stuff).

I’m doing EOTD because my wife is interested, so would be nice to get her to sit down and play a game.

Cheers

Paul

Those are brave men knocking at our door. Let's go kill them!

Participant

Nice painting. I gave up on EotD after putting a lot of money into the kickstarter and then West  Wind seeming to lose all interest in it once it was finished…

I now use the figures for In Her Majesty’s Name which I think is a much better rules set and gets loads of support.

Participant

I’m kind of in the same position as Mick A, I also invested in the KS and am dismayed with the lack of interest westwind are giving the game, that being said I did get a whole pile of really interesting figures to paint up from the KS so I’m happy with that.

however the basic game is excellent and really captures the feel of Gothic Horror games, and the campaign system is second to none. it is still one of my favourite games and one I enjoy playing, when I get the chance. I do think the game needs a bit of love from Westwind as they’ve released some fantastic sculpts but haven’t been able to support those figures with rules that people can allow them to be used properly, which is one of the downsides to rules that have specific character types and specific rules for those characters I guess

I have started looking at Pulp Alley though as I think the character generation section in that will allow me to use the figures I have from the Kickstarter in new and interesting ways, if you are interested in Gothic horror that might be another avenue to try out

Mike

Contact me on twitter
    http://twitter.com/HobbsTheGamer or hear me witter on about stuff on the Meeples and Miniatures podcast

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.