Home Forums Horse and Musket Napoleonic ESR Game, AAR with many photos

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    BanditBandit
    Participant

Updated the gallery page last night and added an album from last weekend’s ESR game (June 6).

TWC Gallery

The first album is the one from this past weekend, features the two new terrain mats I just made. The game went very well, six players, three French corps plus two divisions of heavy cavalry were confronted by a Russian infantry corps, a large Russo-Prussian corps, and three divisions of Russo-Prussian cavalry.

The contest was a tactical French victory as they secured their defensive position and the Russo-Prussian army was too damaged to contest the event further, but it was strategically inconclusive as neither side was able to decisively break the opposing force – sound like spring of 1813?

With that, enjoy the photos, here is a teaser:

French approach march.

And a link to see more.

Cheers,

The Bandit

EdzardEdzard
    Participant

I was interested in these rules. Going to read your adventures after dinner, cheers!

Norm SNorm S
    Participant

Please let me know if the house next door to you ever goes up for sale 🙂

Wonderful looking game.

http://commanders.simdif.com

BanditBandit
    Participant

Please let me know if the house next door to you ever goes up for sale

Ha! You know the one the abuts the east side of our backyard just turned over about 18 months ago :-p We were lucky to find a suitable place that had all the living spaces we wanted outside the basement so that I could take a large portion of that for wargaming related antics.

Wonderful looking game.

Thank you. The mat dresses up the photos substantially. If you look at the photos from our Eylau practice game before Little Wars and compare them to our May game or this latest one and the appearance is a world of difference on the tabletop.

I was interested in these rules. Going to read your adventures after dinner, cheers!

Hope you like what you see. The “One Turn Walk Through” in the gallery will give you a notion of how mechanics function in relationship to what you see on the tabletop. I’m working on a similar thing for this last game where I’ll call out and highlight how certain mechanics worked using overlays on the photographs.

Cheers,

The Bandit

BanditBandit
    Participant

I also added a walkthrough of six turns from that game to the gallery page, appropriately named… “Six Turn Walkthrough…”

Cheers,

The Bandit

Steve Johnson
    Participant

Absolutely wonderful looking games. Not my period at all but enjoyed the eye-candy none-the-less.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.