Home Forums Horse and Musket Napoleonic ESRv2 Game at Cold Wars 2016

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Bandit
    Participant

Hello!

TWC’s first trip to Cold Wars was a great success. We ran two games and sadly had to turn players away from our first because we ran out of space. Lots of interest and lots of enjoyment by players.

The Friday night game was Vitebsk while Saturday featured Loubino. Both scenarios were taken out of our new Campaign Guide Master of the World, 1812 in Russia. The Loubino game (pictured below) ran 3 hours (representing 4 hours of ‘battle time’) and fought to a conclusion with the French successfully beating the Russian rear guard. This was entirely due to the arrival of Junot’s Westphalian Corps which historically did not participate. The rest of the battlefield seesawed back and forth as two Russian divisions and one French division broke in a series of attacks and counter-attacks. The Russian center and right was largely a stalemate (the Russian goal) but the Russian left was eventually over taken by Junot’s corps which provided for the French cavalry to take the Russians from the flank and rear, potentially cutting off their line of retreat but certainly winning the battle.

You can look through photos of the whole battle in our gallery.

Here’s a preview:

Cheers,

The Bandit

Whirlwind
    Participant

I like the terrain.  Is that a mat or a terrain board?

https://hereticalgaming.blogspot.co.uk/

Bandit
    Participant

Thank you.

Terrain mat. Caulk and flock method.

This layout is actually two mats. One is the map for the Battle of Wertigen in 1805 and the other is generic. The Wertigen mat lays out as a rectangle, the generic mat is then laid over the top spun so it looks like a diamond against the Wertigen map. That covers all the parts of the Wertigen map that are incorrect for Loubino.

It is a nice demonstration of how versatile terrain mats can be. At Little Wars we’ll be running Vitebsk and Smolensk and I may likely make custom mats for them simple because they are fun, as at least the Smolensk map can be made from combining two I’ve got.

Cheers,

The Bandit

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.