Home Forums Modern Eureka 15mm Russian Spetznaz

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Just Jack
    Participant

All,

You probably know I’m a big fan of Eureka Miniatures, they’ve got some really great 15mm Modern troops, of which I own quite a few.  I was perusing their website and saw some cool dudes; I didn’t really need them, but I thought, why not?  I could use some cool bad guy Special Forces; oops, sorry Ivan, I meant good guy Special Forces 😉  So I bought a couple packs of Eureka Russians to use as Spetznaz.  Not too much, just eight guys.

And here are the eight troops.  Great detail, great poses, no repeats.  I based them to be able to use them for desert or temperate.

A closeup.  Here you can see the vests, baklavas, the NVG brackets I painted on the helmets, and the unit patches.  For more pics, please check the blog at:
    http://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2017/03/eureka-15mm-russian-spetznaz.html

Pretty cool, yes?  Another small set of troops, but they’re ready to go.  I have another set of these I’m going to do up in Arctic colors and basing; at some point I may even actually play some games with them!

Another weekend without gaming, I’m falling into a bout of deep depression!!!  I’m in a bit of a rut; real life has intruded: baseball has started up again, we had a kiddie emergency room issue, and a sibling birthday.  Then I’ve taken on five monstrous painting projects that I’ve become mired in:

1) 6mm modern UK, Germans, and Canadians
    2) 15mm WWII Germans and UK/Canadians
    3) 10mm Colonial Brits and various natives
    4) 10mm Napoleonic French and Austrians
    5) 15mm modern Western and WarPac-style troops and vehicles

Even with all the stuff I’ve sold lately, it’s still too much!!!  But the biggest sap on game-playing morale is motivation via inspiration, the kind that comes with scenarios.  I’ve played six games of Operation Dragon Forge (SOF guys chasing bad guys all over the planet), and need to finish it up with two more, but I just can’t come up with scenarios and maps.  I’ve got writer’s block!

I’ve done soft hits, hard hits, two-stage, urban, rural, desert, temperate.  I need two scenarios, with maps, that end with me catching a bad guy alive, in Malaysia…

V/R,
    Jack

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Jack:

Very nice figures and a very good paint job! Nice basing too. Will we see some Oddzial Osmy “Little Green Men” to supplement these SF types? I look forward to seeing the Arctic Flashpoint bunch in the future and still think you should consider building and painting up an attack-sub in 15mm for the background. Thanks for posting this.

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson

kyoteblue
    Participant

Those look good but why the silver helmets ??? I’ll get back to you on scenarios and maps…

Just Jack
    Participant

Rod – Thanks.  I like the OO Russians, but I’ve already got a bunch of Eureka Russians.  Of course, that’s never stopped me before…  And you guys are on crack if you think I’m going to come up with a 15mm submarine!

Kyote – Silver helmets???  They’re khaki.  Is anyone else seeing silver?

V/R,
    Jack

GeoffQRF
    Participant

Just a slight shine in the photo.

Or did you want something more modern? 1/100 scale Nimitz?

QRF Models Limited
    www.quickreactionforce.co.uk

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Jack:

The helmets have a blue-grey-Siberian sheen in the photos you posted. So yes, my tired eyes register something similar to the ancient occula of Kyoteblue.

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson.

Just Jack
    Participant

As I look at the photos, they match the terrain board they’re on, which is khaki.  Does the terrain board look blue/silver to you guys?

V/R,
    Jack

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Jack:

No, the terrain board looks to be a light mudstone grey or a Quaker grey.

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson.

kyoteblue
    Participant

The terrain looks grey to me as well

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.