Home Forums Modern Eureka Miniatures 15mm Modern Australians

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Just Jack
    Participant

All,

Ever since I made the decision to plunge head first into my ‘side project’ in 15mm I’ve been staring at Eureka Miniatures (USA) website, obsessing over their Australians, Russians, and Chechens. I dreamed of all the stuff I’d like to do with them, would fill up my online shopping cart, would get cold feet, close the browser, rinse and repeat numerous times over the past several months. I finally jumped in and boy am I glad I did!

The whole force, 23 Modern Australians. If I recall correctly, I bought one pack of ‘regular’ riflemen (6 figs), one pack of grenadiers (4 figs), one pack of riflemen with LAWs (4 figs), one pack of SAWs (which they call Minimis, four figs), one pack of machine gunners (2 figs, one carrying rifle and one carrying M-240/FN MAG/MAG-58), and two leader packs (two figs each, consisting of one officer/NCO and one RTO). As you see, I gave them bases with a grass but still showing some dirt, and I painted the dirt desert yellow looking to maximize the theaters I can use these guys in.

To see about 25 more pics of the individual poses, please check the blog at:
    http://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2016/01/eureka-miniatures-15mm-modern.html

Really great figures, I highly recommend them! And I recommend them for myself, too; I plan on (sometime in the future, not sure when) exactly replicating my last purchase order, then painting all them up in winter wear/bases. Not sure when I’ll get to that, but it’s definitely coming now that I’ve seen these figs ‘in the flesh.’

I still have one more batrep for Cronistria languishing, waiting to be typed up and posted, and I plan on playing some more games this weekend, so stay tuned and I’ll see what I can get done.

V/R,
    Jack

kyoteblue
    Participant

They look great, Just Jack. But Aussies in winter ????? Oh and the new Modern scenario book, Red Star White Lights has one battle with US Marines in it……. Now I would love to see Marines in the snows of Norway !!!!

• This reply was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by kyoteblue.
    Just Jack
    Participant

John,

Thanks man.  Regarding Aussies in the snow, for me they’re not Aussies, they’re just Cuban Liberation Expeditionary Force troops fighting wherever war takes them 😉

I saw the scenario book, I’ll have to check it out.  I always need new scenarios.  Matter of fact, that’s kinda why Cronistria has been a bit slow lately, I run out of scenario ideas!

V/R,
    Jack

kyoteblue
    Participant

Ah ok….Aussies as Cubans….sure why not !!!!

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Jack:

The figures look really good and you have painted them well! Good stuff man! So now you’ve got Aussie-Cubans?!?! Sheldrake would be both proud and very confused. “Waltzing Maria, waltzing Maria, who’ll come a-waltzing Maria with me?”

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson.

Just Jack
    Participant

See, you guys are racist!

You’ve had no problems with my Brits, Americans, Soviets, Argentinians, etc…, being Cubans, but not Australians, eh?

I’m trying to figure out if 1) Aussies aren’t good enough to be Cuban, or 2) being Cuban is offensive to Aussies.  But when I figure this out, you’d better watch it!

I was telling Ivan, I’ve been in a weird rut lately.  On the one hand, I’ve been on a painting tear, but every minute painting is a minute not gamine.  On the other hand, I’ve had a real bad case of ‘oooh, shiny!’  That is, I have like a million different forces in 6mm, 10mm, 15mm, and 20mm, but I keep having this desire to play a campaign with something I don’t have.  So I order some stuff, but I keep getting screwed with back-orders, so that by the time I receive the stuff I’ve already moved on to the next new idea…

On that note, I just this evening place an order for some new Peter Pig….  US Marines.  I’m going to run a campaign starting at The ‘Canal, through Bougainville, New Georgia, then up probably to the Marianas, then Okinawa.  Assuming I get my troops before my mind wanders 😉

But anyone got a source for cheap buildings I can use for native-type huts/houses in the Pacific?

V/R,
    Jack

kyoteblue
    Participant

I have the FOW Vietnam houses but don’t really like them all that much, I have found some small Pacific style houses at PetsMart for the aquariums. I think some one makes paper houses for the South Pacific but don’t remember who. I would really follow a Pacific campaign !!!!!!

irishserb
    Participant

Australian Cubans??  Strikes me as maybe being the ultimate fighting machine.  Seriously hardcore dudes.  As long as it doesn’t snow.   I mean, their idea of cold weather gear is having sleeves on their shirt.

By the way, the figs look great. Now I need some.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.