Home Forums Alternate History Victorian Sci Fi Evil Dave's Austro-Hungarian Aeronef

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Evil Dave
    Participant

I picked up some Austro-Hungarian Aeronef cheap at the start of the year on eBay. My buddy Matt and I intend on playing some games with them. He has, in fact, procured the age old enemies of the Austro-Hungarians, the Japanese. We’re likely going to bash a few rule sets together into something that’s quick and fun.

I’ve got a few more things left to build (battleships, fixed wings and a carrier) but this is the lion’s share of them. Just a simple base, wash and drybrush. I’ve got a few details left to do but I don’t think I’m going to go full orange Eldar on these.

Mike
    Keymaster

but I don’t think I’m going to go full orange Eldar on these.

sniff sniff

Darkest Star Games
    Participant

Great project!  I’ve got some French and English that probably should get the dust blown off eventually.  Perhaps your future posts will get me motivated!

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Evil Dave
    Participant

Work continues on the Aeronef. The decks got their base coat and wash, and I managed to paint the highlights on five of them.

I also took one to completion, it got its funnel, turrets, windows and colors done up. Like I said before, I’m not looking to go overboard with these. Just a serviceable, table-top paint job.

Darkest Star Games
    Participant

Shaping up nicely, sir.  I really like the green, it’s quite different from other color schemes I’ve seen.

Evil Dave
    Participant

It’s Army Painter’s Greenskin. There’s some YouTube videos that use it. I’m shooting for all AP paints for this one, aside from the metal (which are Vallejo Air).

Evil Dave
    Participant

I’ve been slogging through the decking, nearly done with this batch just two more ships to go.

Darkest Star Games
    Participant

Coming along very nicely, sir.

Evil Dave
    Participant

I finished up the gun barrels and windows this week. Just the funnel, colors and touch ups left to go.

Darkest Star Games
    Participant

Looking very nice sir, really like this Green Horde!

Evil Dave
    Participant

Thanks, they’re getting there.

I didn’t get much time to paint this past week so all I got done were the funnels and the white for the colors. I’m hoping to get to the red on them this weekend so I can start in on the last few turrets for the Epic tournament in Scotland next month.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.