Home Forums WWII Fall Weiss Campaign Plan for New "5Core Company Command" Rules

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Participant

All,

I apologize, I meant to post this here yesterday, but was having problems accessing the site.  But for those that haven’t seen it yet:

I’ve been working hard on getting everything ready, and hope to start this coming weekend. I previously posted 5 battle reports (“Somewhere in Italy, Late ’43”) I did in playtesting Ivan/Weasel’s new rules, “5Core Company Command.”

I liked the rules so much that I’m looking to play a series of games which follow a fake-but-historically-plausible German Kampfgruppe through Poland, France, North Africa, USSR (relief of Stalingrad, Kharkov, then Kursk), Italy, back to USSR (Korsun), Normandy (Caen), Holland (Market Garden), Ardennes (the Bulge), Hungary, and finishing up in Silesia.

So, this weekend I’m looking at beginning the German invasion of Poland. Here’s the plan for the first six games:

1. Frontier, 1 Sept 1939,
    KG Klink forces crossing against defensive positions of Border Guards and National Defense units.
    Date – 1 Sept 1939, 0500

2. The Battle of Mokra, 1 Sept 1939

2.1: KG Klink recce elements clash with defensive positions of 19th Uhlan Regiment in forest.
    Date – 1 Sept 1939, 0630
    2.2: KG Klink mechanized attack on defensive positions of 21st Uhlan Regiment in village.
    Date – 1 Sept 1939, 0800
    2.3: 21st Armored and 12th Uhlan Regiments counterattack KG Klink in village.
    Date – 1 Sept 1939, 1000
    2.4: 21st Arm and 12th Uhlan fall back, 2nd Mounted Regiment carries attack on KG Klink in village. Date – 1 Sept 1939, 1100
    2.5: KG Klink mechanized attack on defensive positions of 2nd Mtd Regiment at railroad embankment. Date – 1 Sept 1939, 1500

There is more info on the blog, such as force structures for the first six fights listed above, as well as the rest of the operations (first strike on Warsaw, Battle of Kutno, then capitulation of Warsaw) I intend on carrying out.

You can check it out here:
    http://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2014/12/fall-weiss-campaign-plan-for-kg-klink.html

V/R,
    Jack

Participant

Looks great Jack.

Participant

Just Jack:Commander KG Klink

Meet Obersturmfurher Werner Klemperer, the Commander of KG Klink:

Participant

Snort.

Participant

Rod,

How dare you!  The photo on my blog of the good Colonel is much more distinguished:

On a side note, you’re the first one to mention the distinguished German officer 😉

V/R,
    Jack

Participant

Verry interesting… 🙂

9th Panzer Div could be a handy former to use for your fictional unit…

Sand, not oil, in the gears of the world.

Participant

Phil,

9th Pz Division is as good as any, and certainly saw their share of fighting, but it doesn’t get me everywhere I want to go (I can’t find any real unit that hits everywhere I want to go).  Here’s my overall plan:

Poland – 1 Sep-6 Oct 39
    France – 10 May-22 Jun 40
    N Africa – Mar 41-July 42
    Stalingrad (W) – Oct – Dec 42
    Kharkov (W) – 19 Feb- 15 Mar 43
    Kursk – 5 Jul- 23 Aug 43
    S Italy – 17 Sep – Dec 43
    Ukraine (W) – Jan- Mar 44
    Normandy – 25 Jun- Aug 44
    Holland – 17 Sep – Oct 44
    Hungary – Oct – Dec 44
    Ardennes – Dec-Jan 45
    Silesia/Pomerania – Feb- Mar 45

Since no real units did all that, I’ve made the decision to go with a fictional Kampfgruppe that is an independent formation, and will be assigned to the operational control of various units throughout its operational lifespan.  While not perfect, it’s plausible enough (to me, at least) to serve as the backbone of a set of games I want to play.  It’s also for that reason that I focused only on the maneuver elements, and did not include such necessary items as signals, medical, artillery, and supply units, etc…

Not to throw anyone off the train, but I also will ‘proxy’ forces when necessary, most notably in the first campaign, in which I do not have Polish forces and will have to use early war Soviets.  Please rest assured that I do have the correct forces for every other campaign listed above, though I may have some ‘smaller’ things off, like (for some reason) my early war Brits have a few Stens thrown in, and I don’t have any Pz Is, not enough Pz IIs, and too many Pz III and Pz IVs for Poland.  But the Pz IIIs do have 37mm guns for Poland and France, and will have 50mm guns for North Africa and Soviet Union (in 1942-43), so I do try to get it right!  I don’t have any Churchills or Cromwells for Normandy and Holland, so Shermans will have to do, and Sherman 76s will have to stand in for Fireflies though… 

So, if everyone can live through a few historical imperfections regarding kit, I promise I’ll do my best to entertain you with a boatload of battle reports from almost every theater the Germans fought in during WWII!

Stay tuned, fights are coming!

V/R,
    Jack

Participant

I will be using a few proxies in my Barbarossa campaign so what the hell. Turn one is up on my thread. Germans drew first blood.

Participant

That’s an impressive list Jack, they’d be very busy bunnies to have been in all of that lot indeed (or have severely annoyed the postings section at OKH) 🙂

I look forward to the BatReps in due course 🙂

Sand, not oil, in the gears of the world.

Participant

Just Jack:

I don’t know how slaved to history you want to be, but there were no StuG III A’s available in the Poland Campaign. They made their first operational appearance in the invasion of France and the Low Countries in May of 1940. Your force has a very high concentration of the rare Pz III E’s available to the Wehrmacht in 1939 but you could argue that this is consistent with KG Klink’s elite status and preferential supply priority.

I apologise for my clearly anti-Nazi bias in posting an unflattering pic of Obersturmfurher Klemperer and expect to see the ‘Keystone Gestapo’ at my door any minute now!

Good Gaming and a Happy New Year.

Jewish, Bolshevik Banker

Rod Robertson.

Participant

All, I apologize, I meant to post this here yesterday, but was having problems accessing the site. But for those that haven’t seen it yet: I’ve been working hard on getting everything ready, and hope to start this coming weekend. I previously posted 5 battle reports (“Somewhere in Italy, Late ’43”) I did in playtesting Ivan/Weasel’s new rules, “5Core Company Command.” I liked the rules so much that I’m looking to play a series of games which follow a fake-but-historically-plausible German Kampfgruppe through Poland, France, North Africa, USSR (relief of Stalingrad, Kharkov, then Kursk), Italy, back to USSR (Korsun), Normandy (Caen), Holland (Market Garden), Ardennes (the Bulge), Hungary, and finishing up in Silesia. So, this weekend I’m looking at beginning the German invasion of Poland. Here’s the plan for the first six games: 1. Frontier, 1 Sept 1939, KG Klink forces crossing against defensive positions of Border Guards and National Defense units. Date – 1 Sept 1939, 0500 2. The Battle of Mokra, 1 Sept 1939 2.1: KG Klink recce elements clash with defensive positions of 19th Uhlan Regiment in forest. Date – 1 Sept 1939, 0630 2.2: KG Klink mechanized attack on defensive positions of 21st Uhlan Regiment in village. Date – 1 Sept 1939, 0800 2.3: 21st Armored and 12th Uhlan Regiments counterattack KG Klink in village. Date – 1 Sept 1939, 1000 2.4: 21st Arm and 12th Uhlan fall back, 2nd Mounted Regiment carries attack on KG Klink in village. Date – 1 Sept 1939, 1100 2.5: KG Klink mechanized attack on defensive positions of 2nd Mtd Regiment at railroad embankment. Date – 1 Sept 1939, 1500 There is more info on the blog, such as force structures for the first six fights listed above, as well as the rest of the operations (first strike on Warsaw, Battle of Kutno, then capitulation of Warsaw) I intend on carrying out. You can check it out here: http://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2014/12/fall-weiss-campaign-plan-for-kg-klink.html V/R, Jack

Participant

WTF? I don’t know what is going on with the post above but I must admit that it is totally cool that I can telepathically steal the ideas of Just Jack and post them on the internet. Now Just Jack, start thinking about your bank accounts and credit card numbers, moohaha!

The Evil Ultra-mind Rod Robertson.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.