Home Forums General Conventions and Shows Fant-Tastic!

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by craig cartmell craig cartmell 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Angel Barracks
    Angel Barracks

Back in the days of me being Angel Barracks the 6mm sci-fi skirmish guy, I ran a sci-fi themed show for a few years.
    It was never massive as it was done pretty much on my own without the might of a club behind me, financially or in terms of muscle.
    But it was enjoyable, people that liked sci-fi came to a show where all the games were sci-fi and all the traders were selling sci-fi stuff.

The last Blast-Tastic! was a while back now and since then I have started running Crom’s Anvil, now going for a few years.
    Robey Jenkins of Precinct Omega notoriety joked at one Blast-Tastic! show that there should be a Fant-Tastic!, a fantasy themed show.

Was he right?

Geof Downton
    Geof Downton
    Participant

Nah! It should be CROM Tastic!

…and if you do not listen…

One who puts on his armour should not boast like one who takes it off.
    Ahab, King of Israel; 1 Kings 20:11

Geof Downton
    Geof Downton
    Participant

More seriously, it is probably a good idea. What happened to the plans for a self-funded get together?

Mike
    Mike
    Keymaster

Due to home situations I was not able to organise it.

Geof Downton
    Geof Downton
    Participant

Would re-animating that be less (financially) risky? Either way I’m up for it.

Thorsten Frank
    Thorsten Frank
    Participant

I already wrote this on FB but don´t get too much burden on yourself and your family. As much as I like to see that (or as mentioned by somebody else a Fant-Blast-Tactic … and as much as I aren´t able to attend it at this time – you and some other guys are working currently very hard that I´ve got to immigrate to the UK) and as much as I like rather “very small” events don´t do that alone. *
    I would say try to get some people together that have an interest in that and try to build some kind of “organising group” first. I´ve got some feeling that there may be an interest in such a thing.

*remind to myself: make shorter, easier to read sentences without brackets.

"In strange grammar this one writes" - Master Yoda

craig cartmell
    craig cartmell
    Participant

I’d be happy to bring a Thud & Blunder participation game or two.

Cheers,
    Craig

The Ministry of Gentlemanly Warfare

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.