Home Forums Fantasy General Fantasy Fantastıc Battles Query

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I lıke what I read about Fantastic Battles, but will be misuing it. What I mean is this. I want to play on 36×36 inch table (no bigger space available)m using 28mm figures, with about 5-8 units per side on 80mm wide bases. Can this system accommodate such a thing?

With Respect

KTravlos

Participant

I think you could do that pretty easily. It would make for battles that are pretty quick on the combat and short on the maneuvering, since you’d be in relatively close range right from the start. Calibrated to the “base size” distance scale you’d have a battlefield that’s about 12 by 12 bases which would work fine. I make my bases 1” square and make my table 24” x 36” and it involves a lot of maneuvering, which I prefer.

Participant

You could try asking on the Fantastic Battles Facebook page. It’s quite active and several members use 28mm figures.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/313513879678378/?ref=group_browse

Get there fastest with the mostest and roll highest.

Mike

Thank you both. Not a Facebook member unfortunately

Participant

It is theoretically possible but the ideal is that the battlefield is 30x base width wide and 20x base width across.  So for 40mm frontage companies your battlefield is 1200mm x 800mm.  The starting gap between forces is 10x base width.  One of the most interesting things about the game is the mishap table, where forces can advance unexpectedly or arrive late behind your main battle line.  You might struggle to accommodate this.  In short I would not recommend the system with your basing and space limits.  I had figures on 100mm frontage and ended up setting them on 120mm x 60mm bases and saying they represented two companies.  You could do the same thing saying your 80mm frontage units are two companies but you are still falling short of the ideal battlefield width.

Tim thank you very much. I think I will have to pass until more verdant pastures with more space. But really thank you. Money is tight so these are important decisions.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.