Home Forums Nordic Weasel Games Sci-fi / Fantasy Fantasy City Generator

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

I picked this up as its always good to have a tool like this for generating background and or campaign ideas. I have been playing THW Rally Round The King for a while now so felt Talomir was a bit stale so I use tools like these when I make up my own backgrounds.

Participant

I hope you get lots of mileage out of it!

I tried hard to get as many story-seed tools in there as possible.
    There’s other city generators out there, but they tend to be aimed more at the physical layout of the city, which I figured would usually be dictated by available maps or (for wargamers) tabletop terrain anyways.

Yeah, there are some great map generators and adventure generators but always good to have more.

Participant

I think the solo RPG communities have spurred a lot of that too.

There’s solo RPG communities? I’ve considered solo RPG-ing now and then, but I always thought it was basically something that no-one ever did.

The city generator looks interesting. Makes me wish I had a selection of painted fantasy thugs, rogues, city guards, palace guards, guild mercenaries, temple fanatics, etc from which to generate background-rich factions on the go. And fantasy urban terrain/scenery to go with them.

Some day…

Participant

Very small, but check the Lone Warrior community on G+, they’re all about this sort of thing.

Participant

Right, I had no idea this existed.

Aaaaaand…

Bought.

Participant

Thanks! Hope it’s of use!

I solo wargame and also solo-RPG every now and again using Labyrinth Lord and mythic (If I need it). You can buy some pre-prepared RPG sets catered for solo players and they can be fun.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.