Home Forums Ambush Alley Games Force on Force Finding Additional Scenarios For GamesSmall Scale Symmetric

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I have started work on a US vs China campaign and am looking for examples of scenarios I can adapt or use as guidelines in writing my own.  We play in 28mm with doubled ranges which seems to work well at that scale.  Therefore, we are looking for scenarios that pit two regular forces against each other and can be played on a 3x2ft board using the normal rules.</p>
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>The Cold War Gone Hot book is wonderful but only has something like 4 scenarios that use a 2×3 or 2×2 sized board.  Conversely, the Fallujah book has a large number of 2×2 scale scenarios but they are obviously all asymmetric.  Perhaps in the future I will be able to draw more from these but starting out I was really hoping to have a few scenarios I could use as a baseline for understanding what makes something balanced in this game before I start substantially modifying scenarios by decreasing board size or making a force regular instead of irregular, both of which have much more serious effects than just slightly changing squad composition.</p>
    Ultimately, I suppose what I’m asking is: Are there any regular vs regular scenarios that can be played on a 2x2ft table with the base rules outside of the Cold War Gone Hot book?

I don’t have the Vietnam, Bush Wars or Classified books, are there suitable scenarios in there?

What about community made scenarios?

Thanks in advance!

Participant

Yes, there are some symmetric scenario inside these books, not too much, but there are.

Another solution can be to search about some blogs. There are people that play these rules, and have some good ideas.

Participant

Try ‘Road to Bagdad’,  Aidan, there are US v Iraqi scenarios including armour & a few Spec ops scenarios that may be suitable for you to change up to a US/China confrontation. Where are you thinking of setting the conflict  , are you going Korea, Taiwan or some made up hotspot ?
    The Ed.1 FoF has some scenarios that might be useable too. I took a WWIII scenario (Baker’s corner) & made it work in an Iraq setting.
    ‘Classified’ carries scenarios from 1940-2010 across all sorts of nations & terrain, so some might be easily transferred/adapted to your needs. There’s one ‘Ocean Oil 932’ pitting Phillipine SF against the PLA on an oil rig that you may find interesting!
    ‘Bush Wars’ is maybe not suitable but that just be my view.

Participant

Papasan and Maggico,

Thanks for the answers!  I’ll definitely look into those then!

Maggico, I am doing a Taiwan themed campaign.  I’ll try out the road to Bagdad then!

Thanks,

Aidan

Participant

I believe that Road to Baghdad can be good for a Taiwan campaign.

A good site for scenario/game ideas can be this:

Tactical Decision Games

It go for platoon/battalion, but it’s not so difficult to modify for your needs.

Participant

That’s a handy resource maggico, I will have to find time to trawl through that. 🙂

Participant

Thanks Maggico!  That’s an awesome resource.  Thank you both for the advice and resources, game 1 of the campaign was last night.  I had already written around 6-8 scenarios but will look to Road to Baghdad and the Tactical Decision Games to get inspiration for the others!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.