Home Forums Terrain and Scenery Finished my alien wilderness terrain

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant

So with the creation of some more alien plants, I think I finally have enough terrain to start gaming 15mm sci-fi.

Alien tube plants made from plastic straws melted over candle flame (be careful if you try it, they don’t need to touch the flame at all):

And more dollar store fake plants glued to pennies:

And the whole table:

Impressive, and inspirational for a fellow sci-fi terrain modeller!

Haven’t seen that variety of plastic aquarium plants before. Very fitting.

Participant

I find fake plants for decoration have far more variety than fake plants for the aquarium. You have to look at them differently though as it’s largely about what parts you cut off the larger plant.

Ah, of course. Now I think about it, I have some not-entirely-dissimilar plastic lavender plants, the flower buds of which are destined for somewhere beyond the gates of whatchamacallit.

Again, great terrain!

Participant

I just have this urge to look down those tube plants

6mm France 1940

http://les1940.blogspot.co.uk/
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/386297688467965/

I just have this urge to look down those tube plants

Don’t do it! You’ll get (John) Hurt! 

oooh I like the yellow spikey ones, they would suit my world..

Participant

My thinking about the tube plants is that they are actually the planet’s greatest resource. Down inside them you’ll find a sticky substance which is the best possible base for bio-plastic production. They grow so slowly that it’ll be a couple centuries before any of the attempts to export them to other planets have any impact on the planet’s industry. The local colonial government has outlawed the destruction of any of those tube plants, so that’ll provide an interesting tactical consideration for anyone playing a force that has to care about that. Something I’m going to consider during scenario design.

TLDR: By looking down the tube you find a substance that will form the foundation of an new planet wide bio-plastics industry. Congratulations, you’re now space wealthy. All the credits you could want. And from now on the tubular plants are known as hammond tubes.

Participant

Looks like I am off to B&Q for some fake plants tomorrow.

Participant

So nice !

contact me via : [email protected]
    http://www.sayinermicrotoys.com/

Participant

I have this painting/project regimen where I alternate between historical subject, terrain, non-historical subject, terrain (you get the idea) but making 15mm sci-fi terrain makes me want to skip ahead. Nope. Definitely got to get some more dervishes painted.

But I could do habitat pods and communication towers and storage tanks and barrels and a landing pad. 😀

Oh, it looks like i forgot a picture with the plants spread out a bit more:

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.